Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Walk with me, teach me

UPDATE: I've decided to turn the "image" into a digi-stamp! You can go to this post here to download the image and use it in your own cards.

Yes, a Father's Day card. You know, I actually LOVE making cards for guys a lot more because they don't judge as harshly. Not everything on the card has to be perfect because they probably won't notice!

My dad is off on a super long vacation in another country so I really need to get my Father's Day card out fast! I don't know which one I'll be sending him yet. It's either going to be this card here or this card I made last month. As I have mentioned, I have very fond memories of fishing with my dad so this card is also fishing related, or at least the "image" is. I have "image" in quotes because it's actually a dingbat (a font). The dingbat is called "Stillframes" and is of various silhouettes. Here is just one place you can download it, or you can Google "Stillframes font" and download it elsewhere. I formatted the font in Microsoft Publisher and filled it with a brown gradient. I also really like the sentiment not only because it's sweet, but because it goes so well with the image!

I'm submitting this card for (June really is dad month):
  1. Friday Sketchers - for Sketch #55
  2. Three Clovers Designs - for Challenge #16 Cards for Dad + Metal - I used metal eyelets
  3. C.R.A.F.T Challenge - for Challenge #3 Father's Day/Male Card + Blue and Brown
  4. Corrosive Challenge - for Challenge #15 Dad Card
  5. If the Shoe Fits - for Wednesday Card Challenge "Dads are the bomb"
  6. Rubbernecker Stamps - for Wacky Wednesday #15 Father's Day Card
My Card
Card Details
Paper: Bazzill, DCWV, unknown DP
"Stamp:" Stilframes dingbat
Sentment: Me, my computer and printer
Embellishments: hemp cord, eyelets
Techniques/Tools: MM Distressing Kit

15 comments:

thefrugalcrafter said...

I would have sworn that you did rock and roll with two inks on a rubber stamp, thanks for the "fill gradient" tip, the card rocks! your dad will love it and don't be worried about ANYONE judging your cards, there perfect!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT-challenge with this beautiful card!!! So elegant!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Peggy said...

Lovely card !!!

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge !!!

Good luck,

Peggy

kareNstampZ said...

Wow that is just incredible thanks for playing along with the corrosive challenge

Janet said...

wow this card is AMAZING!! i love it!!! thanks for playing:)
hugs

Julie said...

A fantastic card. Well done on combining so many challenges. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.
Julie x

acreativeneed said...

Wow, what a hard decision to make as to which card you will send to your Dad! I loved the cute fishing card and now this timeless and elegant card!! Oh, well, no matter, I'm sure he'll love either one!!
smiles,Deena

Ruby said...

Your card is great, I especially like the way you have tied the hemp behind the back of the image :o)

Leslie said...

Wow Anne, this is truly a fantastic card. What a great idea to use the font like that. I have used that for my cricut to cut out of black paper and use as silhouettes. The brown gradient fill, just so cool. Thanks for joining us this week at Corrosive Creations. Hugs, Leslie

Debby said...

You ar amazing! I adore this card. Nicely done!

Jane said...

What a beautiful card

Just to let you know that we'll be putting your CRAFT Challenge prize in the post in the morning so it should be with you soon :o)

Sherry Cheever said...

WOW . . . fabulous design!!!

Leslie said...

Hi again, just wanted to first thank you for posting the link for your new image!! How cool of you. Also, I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and entering for my candy. I see me on your side bar, thanks for that. I wish you luck on the candy and hope that you have a wonderful week. Hugs, Leslie
ps. I love your blog header. very cool

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful image..perfect for a Father's Day card!!! The sentiment is wonderful, too!!! Thanks for the link to you new image!!! Thanks, also, for playing along in the WW challenge!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, this is a great card!