Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thanks for the fishing lessons, Dad card

The other card I have to share today is a Father's Day card. I love to fish and it's all thanks to my dad. We lived in San Diego and we would go fishing out in the Ocean Beach Pier almost every weekend when we dropped my mom off to work. Those were hard times, but I think the fun that I had fishing in the early mornings (4 AM) made the days go by more smoothly. I still fish over the summers with my boyfriend, and I always catch more than he does :)

Now, on to the card. I mentioned in an earlier post about free coloring pages that you can use and this card includes two of them! Both the fishing bear image and the fish were free coloring pages from All About Coloring website. Make sure to read ALL websites' copyright policies. You can see my post here for more websites with free coloring pages. I resized them and printed them out and colored them with BIC Mark-It makers. I distressed all the papers. I added cotton cord for the fishing poles and I made the fishing hook and line embellishment with a paperclip and hemp. I wanted to use a real hook but I didn't know where my fishing box was. I used the same techniques for the inside. Hope my dad will like it. Hope you all like it too!

I'm submitting this card to a few challenges:
  1. Card Positioning Systems - for CPS #116 current sketch - I turned the sketch CW 90 degrees
  2. Crafty Creations - for Challenge #16 Metal - the paperclip is metal :)
  3. and Cute Card Thursday - for Challenge #61 A Sporting Chance

CPS Sketch #16

My Card


13 comments:

thefrugalcrafter said...

awesome coloring! Don't ya love cheap markers that work!

Elise said...

That is SUCH a darling "man card!" I so love the fishing theme: ESPECIALLY that hook! Clever girl!

Saskia said...

Wow... GREAT card!!! I love the colours, the stamp, that lovely hook and wire,...just everyting! :)

Thanks for taking part at Crafty Creations Challenge of this week!! Hope to see you back next time! :)

Sweet greetings,
Saskia (Dt-member)

Deb said...

Fabulous card, love the fishing hook! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great weekend! Debx

Teresa said...

how cute, love the fish hook

Ali Manning/newenglandstamper said...

Oh my gosh, that paper clip is adorable - what a great idea!

Paula said...

Oh wow what a fab card the paperclip idea is fantastic. Thankyou for taking part in the Crafty Creations Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Tami Mayberry said...

That fish hook is super cute! Great card. Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

Enfys said...

This is a fantastic man card, i just love the hook!

Terri E. said...

I adore your fishing line and hook. Stinking cute!!! Wonderful job with the cps sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

findinghandmadehappiness said...

This is so cute!! Great image and love the paperclip hook! So glad you joined in the Crafty Creations Challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon!
smiles,Deena

Passionate about Crafting said...

Love this card, you have captured the true fisherman, and so creative.

linda said...

Love your masculine cards - definitely inspiring! I need to get myself some markers! :P