Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cheap and easy graphics for your cards

Around the scrapper/card maker blog world, I've seen SO many different types of graphics on cards. Most of these graphics are from traditional rubber or acrylic stamps and some from digital stamps which have usually been colored in with Copics markers. Have you guys seen how much Copics markers costs!? They run about $4 a marker (a little less, a little more) and I don't really know how long they last and you can't have just one. I would love to have these markers, but that's a little too steep for me, especially at the moment. Stamps aren't all that cheap either. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE stamps and I have a bunch myself, but sometimes I get envious at all the possibilities of using graphics on my card, but me being too cheap to fork up $4 for every marker and sometimes $20 for every stamp/stamp set. Also, it's hard to have JUST THE RIGHT stamp on hand when you're making a specific card or doing a specific layout.

That's why I've put together this list of sites with coloring pages which you can save, resize and color in with your computer's paint program, or print out and color by hand. If you have Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or other graphic editors, you can even use airbrushes to color them in.

Also, DON'T FORGET ABOUT CLIPART! If you have Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Powepoint, Publisher, etc., you have access to TONS of clipart that you can use in however way you want. The cupcakes in the card that I made here are clipart images and I think they're adorable. Plus, they were free and available when I needed them.

Anyway, enough of my ranting and on to the list. Here's a list of sites that I've compiled so far that I think have appropriate images that can be used on a variety of cards/layouts. The inspiration for this post was from thefrugralcrafter's blog and another blog that I can't remember right now (sorry to whoever it is!).

Sites I've found useful
  1. Activity Village Such CUTE pages, in PDF
  2. Animal Jr - Cute Animals (check out the rest of the site, too!)
  3. Kids Color Pages
  4. Hello Kids
  5. My Free Coloring Pages
  6. Kids Printables
  7. Coloring Pages and More
  8. Precious Moments coloring pages (from Coloring Pages and More site)
  9. Coloring Book
  10. Alphabet Soup
  11. Colorfornia (in PDF)
  12. Youth Online
  13. Free Coloring Pages
  14. DLTK Coloring Pages
  15. Disney Stationary
  16. Karen's Whimsy - NEW - added 05/13
Sites found by others
  1. Dulemba.com (from thefrugralcrafter's blog)

DISCLAIMER: Please carefully read the specific Terms of Agreement for each of the websites. I am not responsible for wrongful use of their coloring pages. Thanks.


That's the list so far, but I think it should be enough to get you started. If you have more to add to the list, let me know and I will put it up. Thanks for looking, and I hope you found this useful!

I'll post up a project using one of these coloring pages soon!

2 comments:

thefrugalcrafter said...

Try Bic Mark its for the look of copics but little cost! a pack of 36 is $13-$18! I love them and use them a lot on my digistamp stuff. great list!

Wendy Piersall said...

Thanks for the link and mention, Ann! It is much appreciated! :)