In trying to keep up with my New Year's resolution of "Use all unused stamps," I've inked up this beautiful image from Whimsy Stamps called Valerie's Gift. It was illustrated by the sweet and talented Crissy Armstrong. Oh, and you should stop by her blog - she has a list up of her "Favorite Cards by Others from 2010" and it's an amazing list. I'm always inspired by others and I love finding new people to follow.
Anywho, back to the card.
The image was colored with Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush. The sentiments are from the newly released Whimsy Stamps Friendship Ticket Sentiments, which went perfectly with this challenge and image! Papers are from the BasicGrey Marjolaine 6x6 Paper Pad and can you believe it? I found a ribbon that was a perfect color match to the papers! I was very happy about that, lol.
Flowers are from WOC, leaves are cut from my Cricut, and the net ribbon is from May Arts.
And just for fun, I thought I'd share with you my 5 crafting/blogging resolutions for 2011:
- Use all (or as many as possible) unused stamps.
- Leave a comment back on all commenters.
- Find new ways to use my embellishments.
- Use the Cricut more often.
- Color better.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Valerie's Gift and Friendship Ticket Sentiment
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush
Paper: BasicGrey Marjolaine 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: May Arts net ribbon, WOC flowers, old blue hearts ribbon from who knows where
Tools: Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter, ATG adhesive gun
This card is for a few challenges:
- JUGS - Sketch
- Little Red Wagon - Leftovers - ribbon is a long, long time ago leftover
- Stamp Something - Something with Glitter
- Lots to Do - Something New - Unused stamp
- Mark's Finest Papers - Something New - Unused stamp
- Paper Sundaes - Something New - Unused stamp
- Creative Inspirations - Something New - Unused stamp
28 comments:
WOW, this is gorgeous. I have been into yellow last few days, made three yellow cards, but only posted one. Will try to put up other one today.MMM New year!!
Will learn how to link better.
Will learn to slow down.[especially with scissors]
Will save money to buy more stamps,
[close my eyes at the supermarket, I spend too much lol]
Luv CHRISSYxx
A fabulous card Ann! Wonderful colors, and of course I am forever amazed by your coloring! (#5 needs to be scratched off girl) You know I love that layered ticket look too, it is so fun! :)
Beautiful card and wishing you a very happy New Year. Anesha :)
This is really really really lovely, Ann! I need to do more with my distress inks, they're gathering dust!
Wow - this is adorable Ann. Love your DI colouring - I have never tried using my re-inkers in this way, but your results are absolutely fabulous - must give it a go!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx
Oh my gosh Ann this is over the top CUTE and BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE these colors, your coloring rocks, everything is just WONDERFUL!!!! LOVE this, sorry I have been MIA these holidays have had me off..LOL!!! Happy New Year sweetie lady!!! Hugs!
Hah - number 5, you must be having a laugh - your colouring is A-MAZ-ING!! Fabby card and I love that ribbon - wish you knew where it was from! Hugs, Marie xx
Wow... your card is so nice... I like the bright colours... you said you want to colour better in the 2011, but you already do it perfectly! =)
thanks for the nice comment on my blog! =)
hugs
sadia
what a gorgeous card and very cute.
Happy New Year. janex
Fab - love everything about this - the image, the papers, the flowers - gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Creative inspirations this week.
Jenni x
This is beautiful Ann, the colouring is fantastic! My crafting resolution it to try to use more images that need to be coloured and practice my colouring! :)
What a cute little winter girl and a great start with it. Thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do XOXO Zoe
Wow Ann this is a beauty! There isn't one thing I don't like about this wonderfully put together eye candy! So glad you could play along with our sketch this week over at JUGS!! Hope to see you again! Happy New Year!
My resolution is to rake more time to craft! Never enough time! LOL!
Oh my goodness Ann! This card is gorgeous!!! Love it! Your coloring is magnificent! Love the sentiments on the tickets too!! Gorgeous mix of DPs. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!
So cute - and colored brilliantly! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!
This is super adorable!!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.
That's a real cute card!
Beautiful card!
Saskia :)
This is so adorable! I love how you colored her. She pops right off the card.
Lovely card. Wonderful attention to details....Love the sparkle!
Hi Ann this is absolutely wonderful the colours, papers, design and image are all so beautiful thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Gorgeous!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW DT
Hey girl!! I adore this card hun!! The coloring is fabulous and your layout is so pretty!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS
Gorgeous card so perfectly coloured
Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda
Gorgeous card so perfectly coloured
Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda
outstanding coloring...precious image....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends
stunning card.
i love how you have colored her and all the details compliment the card so beautifully
hugs
claudia
A beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hope to see you again next time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x
Post a Comment