Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cupcake Inspirations Guest Sweetie

The wonderful gals at Cupcake Inspirations chose me as this week's Guest Sweetie and Rachel asked if I would like to play along.  Of course I said yes because I love their challenges over there.  Plus, I was having huge cardmaking withdrawals from all the studying.

This week they have a very appropriate cupcake inspiration picture to get those lovely Valentine Day cards done.  Don't you miss getting those V-day cards in elementary school?  I do, but maybe I'm just crazy.  It was so interesting who chose what type of card, lol.  I remember some boys giving away Power Ranger V-day cards...how romantic :)


The above picture is the inspiration picture for this week and below is the card I chose to make for it.  Hope you see the connection.  The sentiment was handwritten (crookedly) by me since I didn't have something small enough to fit in there, or actually, I was too lazy to hunt for one that was small enough.

Oh! And this is the first time I've used seam binding!  I've had it for a few weeks, but haven't had time to put it to good use.  It was originally white (same as the one Tilda is sitting on), but I used some stamp pads (two shades of red, and a black stamp pad) to "distress it."  I pretty much just randomly stamped the stamp pads on the seam binding while it was on a scrap piece of paper.  I rather like the effect and think it matches the card perfectly :)  Sadly, I didn't have time yet to decorate the inside.

I've used the sketch at Sketch and Stash.  My unused stash is the seam binding and the border punch and I also used my old, neglected embossing folder.

Please pop on over to the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog to play along!

Stamp: Magnolia Tilda holding Christmas Ribbon
Medium: Distress reinkers
Paper: BasicGrey Sugar Rush
Accessories: ribbon, button, baker's twine, seam binding, rhinestones
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestabilities, MS border punch


36 comments:

Renkata said...

wow Ann, such a great take on the challenge,
Gorgeous card dear!

Crystal said...

Ann WOOOWEE Girl this is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE LOVE all your fabby details, coloring, layout and design!!!! Stunning work sweetie!!! Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

Tracy V. said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! The colors are all so rich and vibrant....awesome job!
Tracy

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Good Morning Ann, thank you so much for posting the link. Rach told me that Whimsy was the maker but i could not find the sentiment at all.. forgot to look at the seals.

your card is aaaahhhmazing.
wowzer about your coloring and that seambinding ribbon is so cool stained

Cor* said...

ANNE I want seam binding!!! Sorry, I've been holding that in for some time & you are the closest one to hear my rant!!!LOL. Your card is gorgeous! I love your ribbon and coloring and papers, and, and, and! Always a work of art!! Thanks for inspiring!

Scrapaddict said...

Beautiful card! Great use of the seam binding.

Riet said...

So wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Rene said...

What a beautiful beautiful card!!!
Rene ;D

Beth said...

Ann, what a gorgeous card! Love everything about it....great job!

Sandy said...

Beautiful card and I love the embellishment on the left hand corner!
Sandy Dehon

Regina said...

It´s wonderful!!!:)) Your coloring is superb!!

Myrna said...

Your card is adorable!

Sue said...

oh wow your card really is a stunner ..absolutely love it :)

Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Ann I love the DP and the image is so cute, love the ribbon and what you've done with it, it looks wonderful thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

Cricket said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is flawless. Love it!

Lorraine said...

Oh I love that little cupcake and your adorable card! Beautiful colors and coloring of the image!

Candy said...

What beautiful colouring!!!!
Love your bow.
Hugs, Candy

Barb Hardeman said...

This is so adorable Ann! Your coloring is so pretty and I love the sweet sentiment in Tilda's ribbon. Okay, I'm seeing this seam binding on all kinds of cards so I need to get myself off to JoAnns to get some. I love all the details on your card - it's so inspiring! TFS
Hugs,
Barb

Kellie Winnell said...

WOWZERS Ann this is absolutely amazing, your colouring is breath taking!

Hugs,
Kellie

Kathy said...

So cute! Love how you made her a Valentine card!!! The colors are fabulous and your coloring is amazing!!! Just Beautiful!
:)Kathy

Iulia said...

Just LOVE IT! Great colors, coloring, perfect image and that bow is phenomenal!
Hugs, iulia

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, gorgeous card Ann, love the cute Tilda.
luv
Debby

Silvie Z said...

OMG Ann, this is a total stunner! Love your card so much! Very pretty colors and papers! And love that big bow in the corner - you've created a wonderful effect with your ink pads!! Wonderful card!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Nancy said...

What a fun and cheery card!

Leslie Avila said...

gorgeous gorgeous card! I think you've done a stellar job.
Blessings to you from Georgetown~
Leslie

Kelly Neis said...

Your card is rich and stunning, I just love how you colored Tilda and the banner. It is perfect

Vixx handmade cards said...

Wow stunning card Ann! Gorgeous image and coloured in beautifully :o)

Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash and good luck!!

Hugs Vicky xx

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous card Ann. Love that bow with the heart. lovly coloring with the distress reinkers.
Hugs Maz

Christina C. said...

AMAZING!!!! Your card blows me away....absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
I totally love EVERYTHING about this card....a work of art!

Angela said...

What a beautiful card, Ann! Just love the colors you used and your awesome coloring! hugs, Angela

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card Ann. Love the details on this Tilda card and the lovely handdyed ribbon!
Hugs,
Cabio

E.T said...

so adorable Ann! Love the papers, as always great choice of papers! And the image is brilliantly coloured!

Cami said...

Gorgeous card, Ann! Love how you dyed the ribbon, and your coloring is always so fab! Hugs, Cami

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Ann, love the rich colours and all your added elemants.
Hugs Linda

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! Tilda is just preciouss and I love the paper and punches!