Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This is for you, beautiful butterfly!

I love how this card turned out! I never really liked the red/blue color combination, but it came together pretty well for this card. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Penny Black stamps are so adorable! And thank you Penny Black Challenge for the generous gift last week! I made those hand-cut butterflies again, like the one from this post, which are embossed and tied up with cotton twine. I love making these; super easy, super fast, super cute!

I'm submitting this card to three challenges:
  1. The Fresh Batch - for Sketch Challenge #18 - I turned the three circles into three butterflies
  2. Penny Black Challenge - for Week #53 Blooming Gorgeous - I used PB Stamp 3458F "Arrangement!" Although, he's not arranging, he's gifting! Thanks for the gift for last week's challenge!
  3. Little Paper Shop - for Challenge #19 A Summer Splash of Color (Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Cameo Coral) - I tried to get as close to the colors as I could! Only the flowers are coral since I had no coral colored paper.
  4. A Spoon Full of Sugar - for Challenge #45 Butterflies
  5. One Stop Craft Challenge - for Challenge #32 Under Pressure
My Card
Card Details
Paper: Stampin' Up, Recollections
Stamp: Penny Black "Arrangement!"
Embellishments: handmade embossed butterflies
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folders, BIC Mark-It, twine


6 comments:

Kath said...

oh this is so sweet Ann...love the colour combo and those gorgeous little flowers...great take on the challenge...thanks for joining in the fun this week again at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Vickilyn said...

This is VERY sweet! I love those butterflies!

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Smiles this week!

~Vicki

Vickilyn said...

This is VERY sweet! I love those butterflies!

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Smiles this week!

~Vicki

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Ann, thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Maggie Bob said...

Oh wow! Great card, and you've used the embossing to perfect effect!

Thanks for taking part in One Stop Craft Challenge this week!

Donna said...

This is so beautiful, I love that embossing folder. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x