Friday, May 29, 2009

Butterfly, you are lovelier than that rose

This should be the final post for tonight. I really like this card and I'm pondering who I'll be giving it to. I think I'm going to send it off to my sister-in-law. She's a great person and friend, and she's really heading off in a whole different direction now-a-days. This would be a nice reminder to tell her she's a good person and deserves all the great things coming her way. I think she's going to love the butterflies. I think they turned out pretty cute, don't you?!

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. 2 Sketches 4 You - for Kazan's Sketch #27 - At first, I was having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how I was going to tackle this sketch, but it turned out pretty well!
  2. High Hopes - for Challenge #32 Pink and Brown - I didn't see anywhere that said we had to use High Hopes stamps. Sorry if we do!
  3. Our Creative Corner - for Sentiments challenge - I thought this sentiment was very nice. I haven't seen it around anywhere else. It's a quote I found about butterflies and I formatted it on my computer and printed it out. It's nice to use a different quote now and then.
  4. and Crafty Creations - for Challenge #17 Butterflies - I'm not sure if you can enter twice, but I saw that someone else did, so I am also, lol. And no, if they jumped off the bridge, I wouldn't follow, but I just wanted to submit another one to showcase my stuff for the Guest Designer spot :)
My Card
Card Details:
Paper: Bazzill and DCWV solid cardstock
Sentiment: Quote by Heinrich Heine from my computer and printer
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots EF, sanding block (to distress paper), hemp, piercing

8 comments:

Kim Y. said...

Cute!

Saskia said...

Ann,

Thanks for sharing another beautiful card for the Crafty Creations Challenge!! Lovely card!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

OMG! This is gorgeous. She's gonna love it and if not, you can always send it to me - LOL!

Hugs,

acreativeneed said...

So beautiful! And yes, enter as many times as you like! We love seeing your creations! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!
smiles,
Deena

Kazan Clark said...

Wow Ann you certainly rocked all the challenges. Well done! I love the butterflies and the embossing. Thanks so much for playing and welcome :)
See you next week
:) Kazan

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

oh these butterflies are so precious! like how you did the twine. Cute card!

Anna W. said...

What a gorgeous card, the butterflies are adorable :)

Jaime said...

stunning, love the texture.