Thursday, May 21, 2009

You Inspire Me card

Another card to share with you. This card is was very "cheap" to make. What do I mean by that? Well, the guitar is a free Microsoft clipart, the blank sheet music was from a website offering blank sheet music, the sentiment was handwritten, I made the music notes background by putting together some music notes, the music notes on the red vellum was also free Microsoft clipart that I strung together then printed out and embossed. Yep, free stuff!! I know our hobby can sometimes get WAY too costly, and sometimes it's harder to make something when you have to improvise. You can see my post here about where you can find some FREE color pages for PERSONAL use. I will share another card today in which I used a free coloring page.

In this case, I didn't have any music-related patterned paper or stamps, so this is what came out of my lack of supplies lol. I hope it's not THAT bad :)

I'm submitting this to a few challenges:
  1. Daring Cardmakers - for The Sound of Music challenge
  2. Three Clovers - for Thursday Challenge #14 Black, Whilte + one other color challenge - my other color is red (which is also my favorite color!)
  3. and Papertake Weekly - for Dawny's Sketch #15 - I changed the sketch a little, but I believe that basic elements are still there. I hope you can still see the sketch!

Dawny's Sketch #15
My card


3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Very creative...this would make a great card for a you man in love with his guitar! Great take on this week's 3CTC! Thanks for joining us!

SueH said...

Well Ann, it just goes to show that you can make very classy cards with free stuff.
You’ve done a fab job!

Thanks for joining in with the DCM’s dare this week (or maybe that should say last week, I’m a bit behind Lol!)

Sue
x

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! Another great card! you did a fabulous job incorporating the clip art!Thnaks for participating in this weeks 3 Clovers Thursday challenge!