Monday, October 24, 2011

Merry and Bright

Hi everyone!  It's another Monday and I hope you are all having a good start to your week :)

I had a good weekend.  I got to relax, sleep in, went to the movies, got addicted to The Walking Dead and caught up with all the episodes, and made a card for fun!  Got some homework done, too.  Hope yours was okay, too!

So, here's the card I made for fun.  Sorry for the super dark photos.  I tried to lighten them, but the blending on the skirt would turn out so horrible!  It would just look like I have a big blotchy light spot in the middle.  This is the best I could do to keep it looking as close as possible to how it looks in real life.  Does anyone have any advice on how to take decent photos that stays true to what your colored image is supposed to look like??  I'm terrible and I feel bad since I have a fairly good camera (Nikon D90), but I don't know how to take advantage of it.  I usually take photos at night or under low light.  Please help!

The card uses the sketch at The Sugar Bowl.  There is an optional challenge of Clean and Simple and I'm not sure if this card fits.  It doesn't have very many embellishments, but the stitching makes it look busier than it is. I bought a few Sugar Nellie images a while back and haven't found the time to use them.  I love the Simply Sassy range!  I know the illustrator now does digis, but I just love rubber stamps :)

Stamps: Sugar Nellie Puppy Love and Whimsy Stamps Holiday Mini Postage Stamps; Coloring medium: Copics on X-Press It Blending Card; PapersEcho Park - Holly Jolly Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad; Embellishments: WOC flower; Tools: Whimsy Stamps Vines Die, Elegant Flourishes Die and Mini Postage Stamp Die, sewing machine, Tim Holtz distressing tool

Well that's it for me today :)  Hope you have a great rest of the week!

13 comments:

Carissa said...

Awesome card friend. I love all the coloring - you are so talented. And great stitching.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I just love the image you've used. TFS.

SugarGem said...

This is so cute

LaJanette said...

Great card Ann; I too love the Sassy girls and too love the rubba better. You have done such a great job coloring the image. Look at her nose; FAB!! Loving the papers and that stitching too:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card, very nice !
xxx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

HandmadebyTLC said...

Darlin, she's just the cutest, and I love the ribbed look on the leaves! Really gorgeous colors too!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

xGemmax said...

Stunning card sweetie...gorgeous image which is beautifully coloured & love your stitching :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Amanda R said...

Adorable card! Not sure this helps much but I always adjust my coloring with Picasa (it is free photo editing software). No matter where or when I take my pictures they always need tweaking.

Cheryl said...

Your card is so sweet! I love this image. Your coloring is beautiful (as always.

Elaine said...

Gorgeous!!
I still prefer rubber myself. There's nothing more exciting than opening the mail to a delicious pile of new rubber!
I love your card, and I think you nailed the CAS option perfectly, the stitching is an added bonus.
Awesome colouring too.

Thank you for playing in the Sugar Bowl Challenge.

Hugs Elaine xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥♥

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, lovevyour colouringf the image, and perfect details.
Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl this time.
Cathy xx