Anywho, before I get too nostalgic, I'd like to share my card with you! This is for the new 7 Kids College Fund Challenge that was posted today. For the next two weeks, we want you to use Non-Traditional Christmas Colors on your creations. I hope my card counts! I always think of Christmas colors as red and green, maybe gold, but lately, so many people have been using blue that I feel like it's becoming a norm now.
I've used another Whiff of Joy image called Henry Mouse with Christmas Bauble; he's colored with Distress Reinkers using the Small Koi Water Brush. I adore all the Henry Mouse images! The papers I used were from the BasicGrey Olivia 6x6 Paper Pad and paired it up with lots of Prima and WOC flowers.
I put a snowflake die cut behind the flower on the top left, but you can't really see it. I put some glitter using my Clear Atyou Spica Glitter Pen from Copics (can't see this so well in the picture either) on the snowflake on the bauble and used Stickles on Henry's hat. I layered the Large Circle Nestabilities die cut on top of the Labels Three die cut. I've been wanting the Labels Three Nestabilities set for a while now and I finally caved in after seeing so many wonderful creations of people layering it with the circle die cuts.
The highlight lines were made using Inkssentials Opaque White Pen. I'm STILL trying to figure out where to put these darn lines. The border die is Marianne D. and the die cut leaves are from the Shapeabilities Assorted Leaves set.
Henry Mouse with Christmas Bauble
Paper: BasicGrey Olivia 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Prima and WOC flowers, Clear Atyou Spica Glitter Pen from Copics, Stickles, Inkssentials Opaque White Pen
Tools: Cuttlebug, Large Circle Nestabilities, Labels Three Nestabilities, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter, ATG adhesive gun, Marianne Designs dies, Shapeabilities Create a Flake, Shapeabilities Assorted Leaves
This card is for the following challenges:
- Lots to Do - Favorite Technique - Watercoloring!
- Creative Inspirations - Christmassy/Winter
- A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes
- Everybody Art - Use Shapes
- Papertake Weekly - Cut it Out - snowflake and border die cut
- Anything Goes - Let it Snow - Snowflake die cut (under flower) and snowflake on bauble
- ABC Challenge - Ice and Snow - Snowflake die cut (under flower) and snowflake on bauble
- Crafty Creations - Christmas
- Little Red Wagon - BasicGrey
- Simon Says - Let it Snow - Snowflake die cut (under flower) and snowflake on bauble
- The Creative Cottage - Non-traditional Christmas
- Fab 'n' Funky - Going with the flow
- Crafts and Me - Christmas