Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sentimental Sundays #14: Switch it up!

Sorry for the late post!

I had some things going on yesterday and I couldn't get the post up for Sentimental Sundays until now. This week, we're challenging you to Switch It Up! Try a new technique, or a new style - go ahead, challenge yourself to think outside the box!

Actually, for this week, I thought well inside the box, lol. I created a rectangular bag (is it a bag or a box?) using my Cricut Expression and a cartridge. Gasp! You would never be able to tell from my creations that I had one because I hardly ever use it. I also used one of the newest rubber stamps from Whimsy Stamps called Birthday Letter Seals.  The seals fit perfectly in one of my scalloped circle Nestabilities! I wrinkled up the handled a little (NOT intentionally) when I was removing it from my sticky mat so I apologize for the messiness.

Images: Whimsy Stamps Birthday Letter Seals
Medium: Copics
Paper: BasicGrey Kioshi
Accessories: ribbon
Tools: Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Petite Scalloped Large Circle, Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun

So watcha waiting for? Go ahead and join us at the Sentimental Sundays blog for some fun! Here's a preview of the freebie sentiment set for this week, but you have to head to the blog to get the download link:


This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Simple Doodles - Get Out of the Box
  2. Challenge up your life - Celebrations
  3. Stampin' B's - Birthday
  4. The Crazy Challenge - Birthday

11 comments:

Angelwood said...

What a pretty bag, Ann. Beautiful papers and I LOVE your sentiments! Would love to receive a gift so beautifully packaged! hugs, Angela

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous packaging....a gift all its own....thanks so much for playing with the Stampin B's

Cheryl said...

What a lovely bag! I love the stamp you used. Great papers & colors.

Kimberly S said...

This is such a fun gift bag Ann! Love the colors, and the Birthday Letter Seals are just fabulous! :)

windycindy said...

Your bag creation is fabulous...
I love the organza bow, the floral
paper background and the circular sentiment...
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Renkata said...

Very beautiful bag-box :)

Melanie-Jane said...

Hi Ann this is a great little bag, I like the colours you used and the ribbon is beautiful. Great summer time feeling.

I wish you a grea week.
Hugs,
Melanie-Jane

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful bag Ann, love the papers and a wonderful sentiment
Clairex

Tip Top said...

That is a fab bag!!! Great colour too! Thanks for joining in with the Simple Doodles challenge - hope to see you again next time!

Viv said...

Fab-U-Lous!!!! Love it Ann!!! Hugs Viv xxx

Rose said...

way to dust off the cricut! fantastic box girl :)