Saturday, June 19, 2010

Whiff of Joy Sneak Peak: City Girls II Collection

Are you excited about the new release from Whiff of Joy??

Today I'm showing you a sneak peak of the new City Girls II Collection illustrated by Elisabeth Bell.  This is a follow-up to the first City Girls Collection.  Her images are always so gorgeous and this collection is no exception.  Not only are there some wonderful "city" themed images, but there are also two graduation images.  The Whiff of Joy Design team and the Whiff of Joy Guest Designers will be showing you some sneak peaks (which started yesterday).  Make sure to visit their links on my right sidebar!

The new images will be released on June 25th so make sure to visit the Whiff of Joy website when the come out!

On this card, I've used three new images from the upcoming release.  I added some Diamond Glaze on the ladies' glasses, but again, my poor lighting and camera didn't catch it very well :(  I created the flowers by hand from some lace laying around.  I apologize - I don't remember what the technique is called nor where to find the tutorial! All you have to do to make them is do a little sewing.  If anyone can help out and tell me what/where the tutorial is, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Edited: I finally find a tutorial for the flower! Here's a great tutorial on this blog post: http://lisapace.com/2007/04/18/ribbon-flower-tutorial/.  For mine, I just layered two of the flowers then stuck a brad in the middle.  Have fun making your own!

Images: Whiff of Joy City Girls II Collection (releasing June 25th); Medium: Distress Inks; Paper: Cosmo Cricket; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, lace, pearls, BG brad

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Cupcake Inspiration - Inspiration Picture
  2. The Shabby Tea Room - Summer Fun
  3. Scrappy Frogs - Summer Fun
  4. My Time To Craft - Xtra Special
  5. Whiff of Joy Challenge - Inspiration Picture
  6. Charisma Cardz - All About Bling
  7. PaperPlay - Something Old - the lace is really old!
  8. Friday Sketchers - Sketch

20 comments:

Kim Y. said...

Oh my gosh, Ann! This is totally gorgeous! Great coloring!

Debbie said...

Very cute image, Ann! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Renkata said...

wow Ann, you have made a gorgeous card met these new images.
I can't wait to get them :)

Crystal said...

WOWZA Ann you totally Showed off these images....These are fabulous...OOOOO I think I made need these babies!!! I LOVE your colors on this and your coloring is FANTASTIC!!! Enjoy your Saturday!

Marjon said...

I love this card,it is so beautiful.
You colored it great,and the images are so cute.

Grtzz Marjon

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Ann,What a beautiful card,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

ZO MOOI Ann.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicole said...

Very cute! Love the image and papers! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Rachel Hope said...

WOW...Gorgeous coloring and I love the paper and details! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

BonnieRose said...

You are a coloring queen! So beautiful... great set of images.. love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an outstanding coloring job here! and I love your use of trims, too. Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room.

Leanne said...

Amazing!!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

Leanne xx

Annika said...

LOVE your colouring! Stunning card - and all the lace makes me very happy indeed! lol

Lisa said...

What a "fab" card! Beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing along in the Tea Room this week!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! I love how you colored them.

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Love your fabulous card. I really like how you used the 3 designs together. Looks terrific.


bobbi

Mo said...

Dear Ann!
Your card is gorgeous, I love your colouring and the way you used the three peoples together - great idea!
Hugs,
Mo

Scrapmumur said...

OH...I love your card so fantastic!!!!
Your design is so perfect and great colouring.
hugs, Murielle

TaraG said...

Oh WOW What an absolutely stunning creation...this is sooooo chic, Ann...WOJ meets Sex in the City...I just love it!!! What a wonderful take on the inspirational pic...love the black lace and the great flower!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at WOJ Challenge!
Hugs,t

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the strong colours you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Jane said...

WOW! this is stunning hun and I love these three together, they look amazing! gorgeous colouring and rich colour scheme! thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane xx