Saturday, March 13, 2010

Polly in Purple (and my distress ink efforts)

Well now...who's this sassy gal?  Her name is Polly and you can get her here at Deb's Creations! Deb had her sent to me and she was so fun to color.  And yes, I've finally shared something colored with my new medium: Ranger Distress Inks! I bought the 23 older colors (left out the clear embossing one).  I know that I'll never really abandon my Copics (partly because I've spent waaaay too much on the ones I have), but I love the effects that I get with watercolors. I also love that they're so much cheaper and I must admit, it's a little more fun watercoloring than marker coloring. I want to get the new Ranker Distress Ink colors, but I'm waiting till they go on sale because I'm cheap like that.  Oh, and I really want some Twinkling H2O pots, too!  Ah, this addiction is horrible.

Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! Make sure to pop back in tomorrow for my blog hop post for the new Whimsy Stamps release!

Stamp: Kraftin' Kimmie Polly The Bar Wench; Medium: Distress Inks; Paper: KaiserCraft; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Spica glitter pen

This card is for these challenges:
  1.  Kraftin' Kimmie - Just Bead It
  2. The Corrosive Challenge - A Sketch
  3. Whimsical Wednesday Challenge - Inspiration Picture - I used the colors in the background as an inspiration :)
  4. A Spoon Full of Sugar - Recycle - Haha, the tulle was part of my Halloween costume from last year...don't ask what I used it for, lol!

7 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

So gorgeous Ann! Love the effect you achieved with your inks!

And hey, I'm cheap like that too! Heehee!

Cindy said...

You did a really lovely job with the watercoloring. I am new to distress inks and wondered what colors you used for the skin?

Renkata said...

Ann, you have coloured so beautifly. I have the Distress Inks, but still don't use them....I little bit maybe afraid :))) with Copics I am use to do the colouring.
Have a great day.

Mandy said...

this is so adorable...xxx

Crystal said...

Ann hehehe this is fabulous, great image and colors girl!

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

OH MY!! This card is so gorgeous... and thanks so much for playing in our challenge

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi,
what a lovely card, it's gorgeous!