Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bad hair days

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I made the Whimsy Stamps Design Team and the very GENEROUS and SUPER FRIENDLY Denise Lynn of Whimsy Stamps provided me the fantastic Whimsy Owl to work with. Isn't it adorable?! I still haven't figured out too well how to color it, but I have seen so many people make it look so much better. In due time, I will do this stamp some justice!

Anywho, want some chances to win Whimsy Stamps of your own? Check out the Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog, the SPCC blog, or Color Throwdown!

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Friday Sketchers - Sketch #63
  2. Whimsy Stamps Challenges - Challenge #13 Friendships
  3. One Stop Craft - Challenge #40 Swirls and Pearls
  4. PaperPlay - Week 29 Creatures Great and Small
  5. Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge - Challenge #20 Doodling - I doodled the little swirls around the Nestabilities Scalloped Circle
  6. My Time To Craft - Challenge #72 Neglected or Forgotten Stash - I've neglected the ribbon because I couldn't find the right papers that go with it
Card Details
Stamps: Whimsy Owl, sentiment by me
Paper: DCWV Fun in the Sun stack
Tools: Cuttlebug, nestabilities, embossing folder

24 comments:

Crystal said...

I think your coloring is fabulous!!! I just love this owl..he is a hoot for sure!! Great papers and a lovely layout for this guy!! GREAT CARD Ann!

Sweet Momiji said...

This is hilarious!! I love it!! The owl is super cute and your coloring is awesome! Great card!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
momiji

Caro said...

Your Card is beautiful, love the image and the swirls.

Thank you for your comment on my blog.The image is from Motivet .

Caro x

Loopylou!! said...

oh that is just so cute!!! i have a bad hair day everyday so know how he feels!!!!!xx

Hope Jacare said...

I too know how that poor owl feels! Great card and I think he looks fab Ann. Cheers Claire x

yyam said...

This is gorgeous Ann!

Love the sentiment...LOL...:)

cats whiskers said...

An adorable card, love the cute image and your colouring is perfect
Have a good weekend Hugs Jacqui x

Erin said...

Stunning card, i love this fun little stamp! So cute!
Erin x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is fantastic Ann and I love your sentiment, it's perfect! :) Great layout and papers, very fun colors and you colored the image perfectly. Have fun with your new stamps! :)

Juls said...

such a fun card! think it will make any true friend laugh a lot!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Ann, this is just the most cutest creation!! I love how you've worked that owl in!! :) So sweet!! Thanks for the tip with my blog template...kept fiddling with it and got it to work!! Oh computers!! TEE!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

CraftyC said...

Welcome to the team Ann, you've done a grand job with that stamp. A lovely card
Clairex

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Ann. That owl is adorable but your sentiment is awesome. Beautiful papers and embellishments. I can't wait to join the team too. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Jane said...

What a funny card! And as far as coloring goes, i can't see any wrong with it!
Nope,It's beautifull!

Donna said...

Oh Ann, I love love love this card!!! What can I say, sentiment, image and colouring are fabulous. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

jem said...

he is adorable Ann and you've coloured him lovely, I once did a card featuring 3 owls and coloured them pink,but thats me mad, bad or just loopy...janex

Emma said...

Adorable card, love the image and gorgeous papers.
Congrats on making the dt too.
Emma x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Ann, I LOVE the swirls and flourishes.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Sandie said...

Fantastic card. Love the colours.. so bright!! That is my favourite Whimsy stamp!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :) Good luck!

Aunty Sue said...

love the colours and image and layout and of course the doodling. Thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations. xx

Joan Ervin said...

Adorable, Ann..I love the cute little owl and the inside looks awesome, too!!! Such an awesome multi-challenge card!!!!

handmade by RT said...

Gorgeous card! love the swirls and thatimage is soo cute! thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations! rach xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful card and cute owl! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card - love that cute little owl! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!