Thursday, July 9, 2009

Soaking in some sun

No, not me! I was born tan, lol :D

This was a fun card to make! The sun came out better than I thought it would. This is my first time using my new Greeting Farm Anya stamp set "Rain Snow Shine." I also bought the "Miss Anya Collection" so you'll be seeing some more TGF stamps soon! I also got my Rubbernecker order (wow was it a a BIG order) so those will be popping up also. Gosh, I am seriously helping out the economy with purchasing all these stamps. That's how I like to think of it, at least :)

There's not a lot of embellishments on this card because I didn't know what to put! I should have cut up some circles for beach balls, huh? Oh well, next time!

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Stampin' for the Weekend - for Challenge #5 Double or Nothing - I chose the first sketch
  2. The Corrosive Challenge - for Challenge #19 Summer Fun
  3. Flourishes - for By the Sea Challenge
  4. Die Cut Dreams - for Challenge #4 Corners and Curls - I curled the corners of the sun's rays!
Card Details
Paper: DCWV Fun in the Sun stack
Stamp: The Greeting Farm Rain Show Shine set
Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folder, BIC-Mark It, Copics

17 comments:

Valems said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card! I love the cute image and the fabulous "sea details". The embossed Sun is simply wonderful. Great take on Kimmi's sketch! :)

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Susie Sugar said...

Beautiful card filled with summer a real little master piece
Thank you for joining in this weeks challenge at DCD
love Susie xx

Donna said...

Lovely card Rain, I love the image you've used, and you've done a marvelous job coloring it, great bright papers and a lovely bright sun. You've done a lovely job using Kimmi's sketch.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a wonderful day.
Donna xx

Nancy said...

What a wonderful summercard:O) Love the colours. Cute image, gorgeous colouring. Love the seashells. You have done a great take on Kimmi's sketch. Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card Rain. I love your little Miss Anya image, she is so sweet. Gorgeous sun and your little sea shells and star fish element is great! Thank you for choosing my Sketch!

Thank you for playing along this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun making your card and that you join us again next week!

Kimmi x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that is one awesome sun and she looks like she got a little bit more sun on her forehead, but this is awesome.

i love the blowing kisses card too. that image is adorable and thanks for the kisses - LOL.

hugs,

crafty amy said...

Wow this is stunning so summery! I love this stamp set I have to get it and I like your argument of helping the economy I think I will have to buy them and use that you have convinced me lol :)
The shells are adorable and I love the embossed sun.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Hope Jacare said...

A beautiful card - fab colour - am helping the economy myself by buying some copics - can't wait! Cheers Claire x

Angie said...

This card is lovely and cheerful,
you can add it to the belli challenge as they are having a texture challenge this week,
I love the bright colours.
Hugs
Angie

jem said...

wow, let the sun shine. fabulous card. janex

Minx said...

super sunny card, loving how you've done the sun, it looks great :O)

Janet said...

OMG i love it! your sun is super!
hugs

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Ann! Love that sun, perfect! This is such a happy card! :)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Dottie ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ said...

Hi Ann:
What wonderful and beautiful Cards. I can't say what one I like the most as they are all so lovely. you have a great talent. will be back soon.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

brenda said...

Lovely bright summery card, makes you smile. Sorry not comments too much lately, seem to have blogger probs when I visit and get locked out.

B x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Lovely bright and fun summer card, love the way you have curled the sunshine. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Maureen said...

This card is fabulous!! LOVE your sun!!