Monday, July 20, 2009

Christmas in July

Wow, there are a lot of Christmas challenges going on! This card is for the ones that I know of, but I'm sure there are plenty of others. This card is pretty simple, but the embossing on the kraft paper turned out really nice! I love how it looked and I'll probably try to use kraft paper a little more often. The image did take a while to color, though, but that's probably because I'm running out of the shade of brown that I used on the bears. Oh no! That's what I usually color the hair of all my stamps with! Hopefully I will get my new Copics soon :D

This card is for a few challenges (but really, just two different ones, lol):
  1. IC Sketches - ICS #25 - I flipped the sketch CW 90 degrees
  2. If the Shoe Fits...Scrap it! - Christmas Card
  3. Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #69 Christmas in July
  4. Three Clovers - Challenge #22 Christmas in July
  5. High Hopes - Challenge #40 Christmas in July
  6. Cupcake Craft - Challenge #49 A Christmas Card
Card Details
Stamp: Dustin Pike Deck the Tree
Paper: Best Occasions
Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folder, BIC Mark-IT

16 comments:

Kim Y. said...

Simply adorable!

scrapnnMO said...

Oh Ann I love it! I'm speechless over how gorgeous it looks! WOW! Thanks for playing along!
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Donna said...

Such a sweet Christmas card Ann, these little teddies are so cute and the embossed background is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :) Donna x

Crystal said...

What a SWEET Christmas card...ooo that image is sooo cute, and love use of the cb folder for the background...just wonderful!!

Fink said...

Wowsers did you get a lot of challenges done with this card! What a sweet card this is!

Sammi said...

oooh.. Great Christmas card!
Love the embossing!
Great image too!
Sammi
xxx

Regina said...

such a sweet card. love the embossing and the image. thanks for playing along at ICS

Carol said...

So cute Ann, i love Dustin's stuff!
perfectly coloured....and so many challenges too!

Hugs
Carol x

Ida / Little said...

Oh what a fab Christmas card Ann! The Dustin Pike is looking so great and so wonderfully colored :) Thanks for playing with us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

The Crafty Den said...

What a super cute card. I love the image, so adorable and the embossed kraft card looks fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Elena said...

How cute! I really love the coloring!
Thank you for joining us at 3CTC!

MommyScraps said...

AWWWWWW How CUTE!! Thanks for playing at the Shoe!

POPPET said...

This is really groegouse i love the image and your layout, the embossing looks fab, thanks for joining in on my challenge at Cupcake hugs pops x

lesleyworth said...

Gorgeous! And the image you used is just so adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Denise Clark said...

Love the way you "hung" the ornament at the top. Great touch! Your image is so cute! Love it!

Liza said...

Gorgeous Christmas Card, I love the colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x