Friday, July 3, 2009

Chalk-colored flowers

Yes, chalk. I'm noooo good with chalk, but I tried. How the heck are you supposed to use it to color? Things got messy around the ends of the stamp so I decided to outline it with Cloud Blue Prismacolor marker. I loved this sketch from Penny Black! It was really fun to work with.

This card is for a couple of challenges:
  1. Penny Black - for Week #55 Sketch - I used a PB stamp from the "Flower Gallery" acrylic set
  2. Flourishes - for FTTC #22 Use Chalk - I colored the flowers with chalk; this really was challenging!
Card Details
Paper: Kaboodle Doodles Old Kit, Bazzill
Stamp: PB Flower Gallery set, Fiskars sentiment
Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folder, chalk

7 comments:

Kim Y. said...

I don't know much about chalk myself but you did a wonderful job, Ann! I love your choice of color.

brenda said...

Absolyely gorgous cards, I love the colours and beautiful image.

B x

Angie said...

Beautiful card,
hugs
Angie

Maria Matter said...

This is gorgeous!
your chalk coloring looks great, I think you can just use a white eraser to take the smudges off! but the blue outline around the flower really makes it pop!
Blessings, Maria

jem said...

this card is so beautiful , i would be loathed to part with it as i've said, you have tallent. janex

Denise Clark said...

I think you did an excellent job with your chalk! The flowers look terrific! I also love the ribbon treatment. Very pretty card!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely gorgeous. i repeat myself alot - LOL.

hugs,