Friday, July 3, 2009

All about the Red, White, and Blue + FREEBIE sentiment

Darn, I forgot to use my Cuttlebug! If I did, I would have been able to enter this into The Cuttlebug Spot for their 4th of July challenge then I would have gotten past my 9 challenge hump. Oh well, there's always next time! The stars and sentiment were both computer generated using Microsoft Publisher. Really easy. The stars were from the Basic Shapes font (see post here) that were just nested together. The ribbon is rouged a bit to give it more life.

I posted the freebie digital sentiment in PNG format. Enjoy! If you use the sentiment, I would l

This card is for a lot of challenges (I seem to top off at nine):
  1. Our Creative Corner - for current Sketch Challenge - I turned the sketch CW 90 degrees
  2. Corrosive Challenges - for Challenge #18 Your Country Rocks
  3. 2 Red Bananas - for Inspiration Picture challenge - I just went with the colors :)
  4. High Hopes - for Challenge #37 Stars or Stripes
  5. ABC Challenge - for U is for United States
  6. Creative Belli Challenge - for Challenge #68 Patriotic Theme
  7. Three Clovers Designs - for Challenge #20 Red, White, and Blue
  8. My Grafico - for Challenge #7 4th of July or summer
  9. Cafe Mojo - for Theme: 4th of July Fun
Card Details
Paper: DCWV
Stars and Sentiment: Me, my computer and printer

Freebie Digital Sentiment
Click on image, right-click to save to computer (Windows users)

23 comments:

Martha said...

awesome card and sentiment, love it!

Stephanie said...

great job!!

Ruby said...

Great card. I love the way you've done the ribbon, it's fab! :o)

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Sammi said...

Awesome card!!! Great sentiment!
xxx

Teresa said...

Love all the texture on you card and the sentiment is great. Thanks for joining the bananas

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and thank you for the word art

Sally Cicada's Designs said...

Love this card!! Love the ribbon and the stars--the sentiment is lovely too! Happy 4th of July!!
Blessings,
Sarah

Cassie said...

oh.my.
this is fantastic!!
i love, love it times a million! thanks for playing at 2RB! and double thanks for sharing the digi quote!!

Jennifer said...

This is wonderful! I love the sentiment and all those stars.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Jen x

Jeanette - said...

this is beautiful! I love the waving red panel behind the stars. Thanks for playing along in the 2RedBananas challenge!

Karen R said...

great sentiment & love all the stars

Debbie said...

this is absolutely beautiful! I love how the stars look so dimensional! Thanks for playing the belli challenge!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Fabulous card and great sentiment, thank you for sharing.

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and a great take on the theme.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Dani said...

Wonderful sentiment and fabulous card! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Holly said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the awesome sentiment!

jdmommy said...

WOW! All thos popped stars are fabulous Ann! Thanks for joining in on the Belli Challenge.......and all the others too!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wowser...great card and wonderful sentiment! Kewl!
Thanks for joining us this week at 3CTC!

Chrissy D said...

WOW! Love that sentiment - Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful patriotic card...I love how you added the stars over the ribbon!!! Thanks for playing along in the Belli challenge!!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Excellent patriotic card - LOVE the sentiment! Great job! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!

Fern said...

WOW, I love this... Great job with the ribbon and love the sentiment.. Thanks for playing along in the belli challence..