Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tickled Pink and Orange

...over you!

So I was already having trouble with this card because I didn't know if I was going to be able to make orange and pink work together, but I finally thought I had picked the right papers and it seemed to be turning out fine. I was done with putting the card together and went on to Stickle her wings. Well, being the clumsy person I sometimes am, I grabbed the card a few minutes later to put it away and forgot that the Stickles hadn't dried yet! And there, you will see, dun dun dun...smudging! ::SCREAM:: Might be the worse nightmare for some stampers, definitely was mine for this card! I tried feverishly to rub it out (I don't know what I was even thinking) or color over it with a marker and it wouldn't budge. All the glue was already dried up and I was stuck with an okay card and a smudged-stickled girl. Oh well, what's done is done! Sorry for the rant, hope you guys still like the card.

I'm submitting this card for two challenges:
  1. Dutch Dare - for Challenge #50 Sketch by Wilma
  2. Pink Persimmon - for The Pink and Orange Challenge
My CardCard Details
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, MMBI patterned paper
Stamp: The Greeting Farm Flutter Anya
Embellishments: ribbon, Stickles (grrrr)
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, smudging (unintentional), BIC Mark-It



4 comments:

Jan Mader said...

Your card is awesome!

I'm a children's writer and dog/animal lover. I haven't felt much like writing this week, but I've been blog walking.

Please stop by for a visit sometime.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I do that all the time with my Stickles. It's on my hands, my mat, another card.... YIKES! But what fun crafting is and this is gorgeous. You definitely made the pink & orange work. Just beautiful.

Hugs,

Keri Lee Sereika said...

What a cute card!! You tackled that orange/pink color challenge like a PRO!

Darcy said...

I love this card! Great idea to use it for two challenges. Thanks for playing along with Pink Persimmon!