Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summertime spent in trees

When I was a kid, I used to love climbing trees. I have fond memories of doing this with my brother during the summertime. Then as I got older, I started to get scared about falling off. Shame, it was so fun. I just recently discovered Lily-Boo's Boutique and I seriously could not help myself! I downloaded 4 sets (each set has 6 images) and they're really well priced and sooo worth it. This image is from the "Circle Girls" set. I layered the bird, her arms, and the clouds. It looks really cool in person, but the dimension doesn't show up as well in pictures!I have 3 more different sets that you'll be seeing here soon!

This card is for a few challenges. I just needed 1 more challenge for a new personal record!
  1. The Fresh Batch - for Sketch Challenge #20
  2. Pile it On - for Challenge #3 Purple - There isn't much, but it's there (bird and shirt)! This card is also for DT submission :)
  3. Scrappy Frogs - for Challenge #6 Fun in the Sun
  4. Papertake Weekly - for Delightful Downloads - I downloaded the image from Lily-Boo's Boutique
  5. 2 Red Bananas - for Banana Split Sunday Summertime - When I reminisce about summer, I think of climbing trees during my childhood summer days.
  6. The Cuttlebug Spot - for Challenge #36 Celebrate Summer
  7. Creative Card Crew - for Challenge #16 Whatever the Weather - Sunny weather! Actually, maybe some June gloom (like here in Southern California)
  8. Use Your Stash - for June 22 Challenge Use 3 different patterned papers from 3 manufacturers - I used DCWV (Citrus Stack), S.E.I., and K & Company brands!
  9. The Corrosive Challenge - for Challenge #17 Let's Fold It - The fold follows the sketch! That made it easy :D
Card Details
Paper: DCWV cardstock, PP: DCWV, S.E.I and K&Company
Image: Lily-Boo's Boutique Circle Girls set
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabiltiies, embossing folder, BIC Mark-It, Copics

23 comments:

Kimmie said...

wow this is fantastic. Thanks for playing

~Kimmie

stamprgrl said...

oh, ann! this is so cute! love it!!!!!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Leslie said...

Wow, that is a fun card and AMAZING how many challeges you got in all with one card! Thanks for playing along with Corrosive Creations. Hugs, Leslie

Jan said...

Fabulous card, Ann! Thanks for playing along with us over at UYS this week!


Jan

Dawny P said...

Hi Ann. I love this - that image is so sweet. And the paper is fabulous. I love the dimension that the little cloud gives - it's a lovely touch. Thank you for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Paula said...

Such a pretty card i adore the cute image and what lovely colours. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

nope. didn't climb trees, but i was big on monkey bars - until i fell off and had 5 stiches in my chin!

but this absolutely adorable.

hugs,

Teresa said...

Aw, that is a cute image. Love the brite colors too. Thanks for taking the bananas challenge.

Corey said...

great work with the 3pp/3mfg challenge! and I love how you colored the image!

Corey/UYS

Steph said...

Wow, you go girl! Way to combine all of those challenges! Love your take on the Cuttlebug Spot challenge to celebrate summer. Your card is beautiful! Love all of the details! Thanks for joining us this week!

Janet said...

wow this card is sooo great! i love it:) thanks for playing!
hugs

Cassie said...

wow!
times 10!

your card perfectly captures your summer memories!! thanks for joining in at 2RB! and all those other challenges - i am impressed!!!

Nilda said...

perfect for summer. Thank you for participating in the challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.

Jeanette - said...

What a fun card to go with your tree climbing memories! Thanks for joining us on the 2RedBananas challenge.

joey said...

Hiya,

Your card is gorgeous, I love the opening and bold bright colours.

Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Joey.x

Vickilyn said...

Love this!! It's adorable! This is where my two hats come in...

Thanks for playing with us at STAMPS & SMILES!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!!

~Vicki
Owner

Debby said...

Okay. You are my hero. So many challenges on one card. Wowza! I have a hard time doing one! Love your card. Very very very cute!

Ruby said...

Awwww, what a GORGEOUS card. I LOVE it!! :o) Your blog looks fab too!

Mercy said...

so precious...you are one talented lady! great coloring,and dsp...and i love the way the card opens!

thanks for playing along with last week's sas sketch, and i hope to see you again this week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

scrappyandpiggy said...

what an adorable card! thank you for joining us at scrappy frogs this time.

Cardmaking Galore said...

love the bright colours! well done

loopylou said...

omg!!!! i love this one to, you are a whizz with the Lily-boo's hunny xxxxx

Sharon said...

A fabulous card Anne. The image is just gorgeous and really suits the weather challenge. You've made this card so beautifully. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx