Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jumping for joy!

...with my own homemade "button charm!"

Okay, so Whiff of Joy's challenge this week is charms and I don't have any so I decided to make my own! I made the button charm that you see in the card because I'm too cheap to buy real charms. They're expensive! I went to Michael's and Joann's and the ones I saw were 4 for $3 on sale and I thought that was WAY too much for such little things. Call me cheap, but I just decided to make my own using buttons and string. I like how it turned out, do you?? Plus, I love that it was so cheap to make, I can match it to my card colors, and it still looks okay. I think I will be making these more often! Let me know if you like it too :) I also went with the color scheme yellow, green and pink thinking I would submit it to Roses on Paper challenge, but I forgot that you had to use a certain stamp. I guess I'll be using my scraps soon, lol.

I'm submitting this card for a couple of challenges:
  1. Whiff of Joy - for Challenge #33 Charms - Since I didn't have any "real" charms, I made my own button charm, I hope this is okay! I used WOJ stamp Molly the Celebrating Sheep. I placed cotton on her because I don't have any flock (is that what people use?) Wow, I need more supplies!
  2. Sketch Saturday - for Sketch #53 - Happy Birthday Sketch Saturday! I moved the three little dots at the top of the sketch and made it into a charm instead :) Also, since it's Sketch Saturday's birthday, they're offering some great blog candy for entering into their challenge this week and posting on the DT's blogs. Make sure you play along!
Sketch Saturday Sketch #53
My CardCard Details
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Debbie Mumm Printed Paper Pack
Stamp: Whiff of Joy Molly the Celebrating Sheep
Sentiment: Me, my computer, and printer
Embellishments: rhinestones, ribbon, buttons, homemade charm, cotton
Techniques/Tools: BIC Mark-It, paper piercing, charm-making ;)


10 comments:

Roberta Laliberte said...

Thanks for entering my candy! Love your stuff here!

Roberta

COCO said...

oh very gorgeous card and fab stamp !!!
Thanks for joining in at SS this week and for entering for my surprise bag!
Hugs COCO

papercraftsbyrach said...

this is a fabulous card, great image and details. love your handmade charm.. i buy my charms off of ebay and can sometimes pick them up really cheap. hugs rachxx

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the charms. Hugs Michele x

tracie said...

oh wonderful card, love your charms and this image looks fab. Thanks for joining us this week at SS and for your kind words... Good luck with my surprise candy
hugs
Tracie :)x

Sandra said...

Great job with the Charm. Lovely card. Such a cute image. Thanks for joining in with the Sketch Saturday Birthday Bash.
Sandra x

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous charms!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday this week and for entering for my Surprise bag!
Hugs Jeanette xx

Jo said...

brilliant card! love the wooly sheep! ;)
Thank you for joining in our challenge and for entering my PBC
Jo xx

ros said...

love how u improvised with the charm. very cool. great card

Barb said...

This is a terrific card and your charm is very creative! Well done!