Monday, June 8, 2009

Just A Hello in Purple and Yellow

When I saw the first challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend to use purple and yellow, I didn't think I was going to be able to do much with it, but it turns out, it's not such a bad color combo. Like I've said before, I love this purple dotty patterned paper. It just inspires me :)

I'm submitting this card to several challenges! If there was only a challenge about piling on multiple challenges into one...oh, wait, there is! Anyway, like I've said before, I love this concept!
  1. A Spoon Full of Sugar - for Challenge #54 Sketch by Sonja
  2. Pile it On - for Challenge #1 Non-stamped sentiment - I used stickers for the "hi" sentiment. I'm also submitting this for the DT call :)
  3. Paperlicious Designs - for Creative Challenge #10 Paper Piercing - I paper pierced the scalloped circle
  4. Simon Says Challenge - for Let's Craft with Tim - I used Tim Holtz Embossing Ink and Distress Embossing Powder Antique Linen for the embossed flourish stamp
  5. Dutch Dare Challenge - for Challenge #51 Decorate the Inside of the Card
  6. Stampin' for the Weekend - for Challenge #1 Purple and Yellow
  7. Paper Makeup Stamps - for Challenge #14 I Can See Clearly Now - I used acetate flowers
My CardDetailed view
Card Details
Paper: DCWV cardstock, Ivy Company DP
Stamp: The Greeting Farm Dorothy Anya, Inkadinkado Dot Flourishes; Sentiment: DCWV Stickers
Embellishments: clear acrylic flowers, brads, Stickles, Prima flowers
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folder, Antique Linen embossing powder, paper piercing


21 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Beautifully done! I love everything about it! And I LOVE purple and yellow together!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!!

~Vicki
Pile It On! co-owner

stamprgrl said...

Ann,
I would have been stopped in dry w/ that color combo, but your card is adorable. The cute Greeting farms stamp w/ dorothy and toto is just sooooo cute!

and oh girl... you know how to pile them on!

-- dalis dTC for Pile it On!

stamprgrl said...

you are so sweet, thanks for the comment!

-- dalis

Ivi said...

Great card, and I love the transparent (right word for it???) flowers!!!

Thanks for your participation.

Hugs Ivi

flati said...

gorgeous card....
I love the gorgeous image and the papers
Thanks so much for playing with my sketch..
Hugs, Sonja xx

Karin said...

Beautifull card.
Love the colourcombo, gorgeous stamp ad great clear flowers.The inside looks fabulous.

Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo Karin

Iris said...

Brilliant work, love the gorgeous image and the fab paper.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

Nicola said...

Ooh what a beautiful card, loving your bugging which is a beautiful accent with your dotty paper. Super colouring to this sweet image and your details are so pretty as is your insert.
Thank you for joining us on our first challenge at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you will play along with us on a weekly basis. Good luck.
Nicola -x-

crafty amy said...

Beautiful card and wow 7 challenges! This is stuning I do love Anya and you have coloured her brilliantly. I am not suprised that this dotty paper inspires you. Those clear flowers are such a great idea and I like the little hi sentiment. Good luck with the DT call by the way.
Thank you for joiing us at stampin for the weekend and good luck with all the challenges :)

X Amy X

Donna said...

What a beautiful and stunning card......your coloring is amazing on Anya. And the layout is fabulous, but those acrylic flowers look totally amazing and gorgeous. Love the flourish stamp you've used both on the front and on the inside.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a lovely day.
Donna xx

Ali Manning said...

This is such a pretty card! And I'm so impressed with the number of challenges you did - way to go!

Shari said...

This is so cute! Love the coloring and the clear flowers!

Jennifer said...

Wow this is stunning! I really love everything about this card. Your layout and attention to detail is superb. The image is beautifully coloured. I simply need some of those clear acrylic flowers!
Thanks for joining the first SFTW challenge, I hope you can join us again next week.
Hugs
Jen x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card !! I love the image and the colour combo :-) Fantastic flowers, I have to get some of those !! and the gold flourish looks fab !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

Valems said...

Hello! This is a beautiful card! Your Anya is so cute and fantastically coloured. I love the dotty paper and the whole layout looks great. Those clear flowers are awesome. Well done on combining the challenges! :)

Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at SFTW and good luck!
We hope you'll play along with us in our next challenge, too. :)

Have a lovely evening
Vanja

Vicki said...

oh wow!! this truly is one stunning card. I love this lil image which is coloured to perfection. Your acrylic flowers are so original I love them and the embossed golden swirl is fab too, a great layout and everything is so brilliantly put together. Thank you for taking part with our first challenge over at SFTW, hopefully you'll be able to join in with many more of our challenges, good luck xx vicki xx

POPPET said...

You have coloured this Anya beautifully, the layout is fab and i love that you have textured the top purple too, the swirl is just fantastic...

Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at SFTW good luck hugs Pops x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous, I love your colouring and the swirl looks fantastic.Thanks for taking part in the 1st challenge at SFTW!
Clairex

Ida / Little said...

This is stunning :) Love your card, the flowers, swirls everything looks beautiful!!! :) Thanks for joining us at SFTW :)

Hugs Ida

Melisa Waldorf Angel #4405 said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along with my Creative Challenge. I will add your name for the June Drawing. Good Luck!

Kim said...

Cute!