Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day card with frame

Yay I made Cupcake Craft's Top 5 for this card!



Just a simple Father's Day card to send to my dad who's currently out of the country. I hope he gets it in time, but I even doubt that he'll remember it's Father's Day here. I went with the blue and brown scheme again because it works so well with these type of masculine cards. This one is a little different because it includes a mini frame with a picture of my father in it. Maybe he'll save the card this way; he hardly ever saves cards!

I'm submitting this to a few challenges:
  1. Creative Belli Blog - for Challenge #67 Father's Day - I used the sketch and I'm submitting this for the DT call
  2. Cupcake Craft - for Challenge #44 Father's Day + More than just a card - this is also a picture frame :)
  3. Fun-Frilled - for Celebrating Dad
  4. Paper Blooms - for Men of Influence Challenge
My CardCard Details
Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, Unknown PP
Stamp: Stampendous (Just for you)
Embellishments: mini frame, hemp cord, chipboard letters, eyelets
Techniques/Tools: Crop-a-dile, corner rounder punch


12 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous! I love that you made something other than a card. What a wonderful gift. Thank you for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

beautiful. he'll definitely keep this one. i can almost guarantee it.

hugs,

Liza said...

Great father's day card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Rose said...

he is sure to treasure this :D fantastic job and thanks for joining PaperBlooms this week

POPPET said...

This is really different and i love it, the picture is a great touch, love the papers and the big word...

Thanks for joining us ta cupcake hugs pops x x x

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic project. I'm sure your father won't through it away - its amazing. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

jeannettespages said...

It's fab and a card this special deserves to be kept. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Anne said...

oh my gosh, what a wonderful compliment to your dad that he made the cover of your card!! He's gonna love it!! Just a fantastic design, surely it will make him feel special!! So glad you joined in the Belli challenge this week!!

Leah said...

Wonderful card, I'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for joining us on Paper Blooms:)

Ida / Little said...

How nice to see a really masculine yet gorgeous card, I love the letters and the frame for your Dad's pic. Looks amazing :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

Shari said...

Great card, love the frame. Congrats on the top 5

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.