Thursday, May 21, 2009

Simple, elegant card - Green and Eggplant

This is a very simple card that I put together in probably 10 minutes. I made the center "image" by using a brass stencil and my Cuttlebug. You can use your Cuttlebug with brass stencils in several ways, but the way that I did it was by cutting up those rubber cookie sheets. It comes out pretty well. After I embossed it, I used silver and lavendar ink to get the effect that you see. Then I just added a layer and placed some rhinestones. Like I said, very simple, but still elegant.

I'm submitting this to a couple of challenges:
  1. ABC Challenge - for O is for Orderly - I balanced the rhinestones and the image itself is pretty balanced
  2. Color Throwdown - for Throwdown #43 Lavender Lace, Old Olive, and Elegant Eggplant - I tried to come as close to the palette as I can

My Card


12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh no, I wonder where Mr Linky went! This is a beauty! What a great DP to use for this challenge!
LeAnne

broni (waterchild12) said...

Beautifully balanced card! I love the subdued version of the CTD colors as well! Thanks for playing along with us!

Stampin' With Jessi and Rachel said...

Pretty card! Love the paper and bling!

Jennifer said...

Lovely balanced card.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Tammy Hershberger said...

That embossing looks awesome! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Kathryn said...

Very Beautiful and Elegant - love it so much! :)

Barbara said...

You did great with the colors! I love this card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

dpkennedy said...

Love your bg paper and those lovely gems! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Beth said...

Such a classy and elegant card!
Beth xx

stampingheaven said...

Great card, thanks for joining us this week on ABC challenge.

Cathy said...

beautiful card.
Good luck with the GDT call, and thank you for joining in the ABC this week.
Cathy xx