Friday, May 29, 2009

Flowers Kissed by Butterflies

I like how this card turned out. This also took some time to make, but it was fun. I wasn't too sure if it was going to work out or whether I should use vellum or acetate, but I chose to go with vellum to make the frame a bit more opaque. Hope you like it!

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. CPS Card Sketches - for CPS117 - I turned the sketch CCW 90 degrees and elongated it. I hope you still see the sketch!!
  2. Crafty Creations - for Challenge #17 Butterflies - I'm interested in trying out for the Guest Designer spot. Thanks for the chance!
  3. Rubbernecker Stamps - for Wacky Wednesday #13 Frames
  4. Color Throwndown - for Color Throwndown #44 - It's hard to see the Elegant eggplant, but 2 of the flowers underneath the vellum are eggplant-colored
  5. Daring Cardmakers - for Take 5 challenge - I have 5 butterflies; two are inside the frame :)
  6. Stampin' B's Design Team - for Challenge #8 Flowers
CPS117
My Card
Card Details
Paper: DCWV, Bazzill, Debbie Mumm DP, unknown vellum brand
Techniques/Tools: layering, BIC Mark-It
Stamp: unknown


15 comments:

Saskia said...

This card is so beautiful and unique!! Very creative!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge!!

Good luck!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is very cool! I love the pieced sun!!! Thanks for playing with us and using the CTD colors!
LeAnne

Cathy Indelicato said...

What a cool card - thanks for playing!

acreativeneed said...

Such a pretty and unique take on the challenge, Ann! So glad you could join us at Crafty Creations Challenges!
smiles,Deena

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I'd be making sure ALL my friends saw this. WOW!

Hugs,

dpkennedy said...

That sun is great! Lovely card! Thanks for playing the CTD!

Markie's Mom said...

GREAT card!!!! I love how you combined all the challenges!! WOW!

SueH said...

This is such an unusual card….and I love it!
Those little butterflies are so sweet and I think you definitely made the right decision to go with the Vellum rather than acetate. It gives a very delicate feel to the whole card.

Sue
x

Kathy said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers

Dawn Frost said...

Wow cool card!

Jaime said...

love the layers and the different dimentions. Thanks for joining us on CCC.

broni (waterchild12) said...

6 challenges?????? WOW!!! What a cool card!! Thanks for playing along in the Wacky Wednesday challenge and also in the Color Throwdown challenge!

Juliana said...

WOW!
That is a lot of challenges!
I love the colors and butterflies!!
Very Sweet Card!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous multi challenge design...the colors you used are beautiful and I just love how you used the vellum!!! Thanks for playing in the Wacky Wednesday challenge!!!

Juhi said...

Gorgeous card......all the challenges were combined very creatively......love the sun on top