Monday, February 25, 2013

Whimsy Stamps February Release - Showcase Day 6

Hello and welcome to Day 6 of Whimsy Stamps
February Rubber & Die Release Showcase!

On Wednesday (20 February) Whimsy Stamps released this month's new rubber designs, Shapeology dies, Whimsy Designer Paper packs and new Shape EZ templates. From then until 26 February the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guest are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today’s hop!

Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on 27 February.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...
Ann Vento (me)

Even though we're still having winter weather here, I have a very summery card to share using Shelley from Wee Stamps.  I've used a sentiment from the Summer Oval Letter Seals set and framed it against a die cut from the The slippers stamp is from the To The Beach sentiment set and cut out using the matching die from the Beach Bum Dies Set.  I've also used the Lace Doily Corner Die 1 from last month's release.
Whimsy Stamps products: ShelleySummer Oval Letter SealsTo The BeachBeach Bum Dies SetLace Doily Corner Die 1Coloring medium/ink: Copics on X-Press It Blending Card; Papers: Fancy Pants Beach Babe 6x6 paper pad; Embellishments: none; Tools: Cuttlebug

Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

If you would like to join us as our Guest Designer for our April 2013 release please go to our Guest Designer Contest page to read all about how to enter. Entries close at 12.00pm (EST) on Wednesday 27 February 2013.


38 comments:

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful summer card...love the palm die cuts.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeously cute, beautiful colouring too. xxxx

Shari said...

Oh wow Ann, this card is just beautiful! I love the way you coloured Shelly and the Turtle!

Hugs;
Shari

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely card! I like it!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous card!!!

cebelica said...

Sooo pretty. I absolutely love how you colored the mermaid. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Hanneke said...

What a great card! I love the image and colors you used and the DP looks lovely! Hugs, Hanneke

Sue said...

A gorgeous card. Love the colours and details.

Sabrina said...

Such a darling card and love the flip flops!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Ann! I love the bright colors and cute flip flops! Fantastic coloring!

Aartje said...

Let the summer begin, I love your summercard.
Hugs Aartje

Yvi said...

such a fun card, love the summer feeling!

Annette said...

Beautiful bright card and I love the flip flops!
Annette
xx

Leeann said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the coloring effect on the mermaid's body!

JoanneO said...

I love the mermaids colors along with the added flip flops and palm trees! Great summery card.

Ellie said...

This is gorgeous Ann! Love how you colored her! Great idea to use the summer sentiments from a previous release!

Louise said...

Beautiful card, such a sweet image and I love the flip flops
Louise

Denise Goeldner said...

Awesome summer card and love the image and all the vibrant bright colours hugs xx

Brenda Lee said...

Fantastic card! I just adore the bright colors. I'm so ready for warmer weather and your card makes me want it that much more! LOL! Amazing job on the coloring of the image.

marilynwillauer said...

Adorable design, love your coloring!

Dianne said...

Another beautiful card Ann, and your coloring awesome thanks for sharing...

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

So cute! Love the flip-flops. TFS

zehra said...

Beautiful card

Gina L said...

Ok, if I wasn't already ready for warm weather, I would be now! Love these tropical colors!

Patty said...

This is beautiful!! I've seen this image the most on this new release and I can see why..she's so innocent & wonderful!!

Pam said...

This is SO LOVELY!!! The stamp is adorable and the coloring and embellishments are just perfect.

Denise Bryant said...

Cute card! Great coloring and embellishments!
DeniseB

Mateja Povše said...

Wow! Beautiful colors. Love it! :)

Marina said...

I love sweet Shelley! Very refreshing colors, so vibrant.

alethea said...

This is gorgeous and I love the thongs you've added!! HUgsxx

Laetitia said...

What a gorgeous creation! Your colouring is amazing and I really like all the stamped extras that make this card so special and customized. The colours are soooo bright it makes me want to wear a bathing suit right now (although it was snowing yesterday here in England).

Thanks for the great inspiration, as usual.
Laetitia ww

theCook said...

Love those beautiful sunny colors!

Ea Christiansen said...

So gourgeous. Nice to see her in some different colours :o)
Hugz
Ea

Mojca said...

Waaaaw really gorgeous Ann! I love the sentiment, so adorable! Hugs! Mojca

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! gorgeous!

Eliza said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, especially the fish paper.

Eliza

Kerissa L. said...

So cute!

Donna Mayell said...

Very bright & summery, lovely xxx