Thursday, May 3, 2012

Whimsy Magazine Issue 8 creations


Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and share two of the cards I made for the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine - Issue 8, which can you read HERE.

The first card is one that I created for to showcase "Sentimental Elegance" in the "What's Your Style?" section.  Though I don't often make cards without images, I do the simplicity and the little time it takes to create sentiment-focused stamps.  I used a sentiment from the Everyday Sayings Notables 4 set released last month (cut out using the Notables 4 die).  The Swirly Tree Die was also released last month.
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Everyday Sayings Notables 4; Paper: MME Bright Side; Dies: Whimsy Stamps Notables 4 dieSwirly Tree Die, Spellbinders Label die;  Embellishments: crochet trim; Tools: paper piercer, Cuttlebut


This issue's company team-up was with Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  We paired up some Whimsy sentiments and dies with some adorable images from LDS.  I've used a sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Friendship Notables 2 set, cut it out using the Notables 2 die, and framed it a Make It Crafty-compatible chipboard.  To make border, for the middle horizontal panel, I used the Spiral Notebook Border Die.  The vines were cut out using the Vines Die Set.  I used the following Little Darlings Stamps: Soooo Big, Fresh Picked Flowers, and Spring is in the Air.

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Friendship Notables 2Little Darlings Rubber Stamps Soooo Big, Fresh Picked Flowers, and Spring is in the Air;  Paper: Pink Paisley Dies: Whimsy Stamps Notables 2 die,  Spiral Notebook Border DieVines Die Set; Embellishments:  Make It Crafty-compatible chipboard, jute loop trimTools: Cuttlebug


Thanks for stopping by today!




7 comments:

Becky said...

wow..these are awesome..

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie perfect colours too, thank you for having me on the hop with you x x x x

The Scrapping Factory said...

Beautiful card! I'm a new follower =0)

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great cards, two very different styles, both wonderful. Hugs, Ankie

Leah Ann Gast said...

Beautiful cards! I love your choice of colors, they pop! Hugs! Leah Ann