Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Denise!!

Welcome to Denise's birthday party hop!
If you've come here from Heidy's blog, then you're on the right track. 
If not, start at Iris's blog so you don't miss a thing!

Today (May 16) we are celebrating the birthday of one of the best stamp company owners out there: Denise Lynn of Whimsy Stamps! To show our appreciation for Denise's kindness, the Whimsy family and previous guest designers are holding a birthday party blog hop using some of the amazing Whimsy Stamps products that we have grown to love.  Thank you, Denise, for giving us the opportunity to represent a company with great products, wonderful customer service, and most of all, an owner who truly cares about its artists and designers.  You are the best!

To show some appreciation to the Whimsy customers for helping us celebrate Denise's birthday, we are giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to Whimsy Stamps store.  Just hop along, leave a comment on the birthday blog posts by May 21, and a random winner from the comments left on participating blogs will be chosen to win the gift certificate.  The winner will be posted on the Whimsy Stamps blog on May 22.

Again, so sorry for the late post.  I had it scheduled and somehow Blogger decided not to publish it and to also delete everything!

Anywho, I'm back to share a little about my card for Denise :)  I've used an image that I've had colored for a long time: Cupcake Bliss by Crissy!  The sentiment is from the Birthday Letter Seals set (one of the first sets I created with Whimsy).  I've also used a few Whimsy Shapeology die cuts in this card: Balloon Die Set and Birthday Sentimentables Dies.
Stamps: Cupcake Bliss and Birthday Letter Seals; Coloring medium: Copics on Make it Colour Blending Card; Paper: Crate Paper; Embellishments: May Arts ribbons, hemp cord; Tools: Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Balloon Die Set and Birthday Sentimentables Dies, Spellbinders dies, Cuttlebug, Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool

I also wanted to take this moment to say a personal thank you to Denise.  She's been a wonderful friend who I can always count on, professionally and personally, and I couldn't ask for more.  I'm lucky to have known her throughout the years and hope to know her for many more.  Happy birthday, Denise!

This hop is rather large, so here's the hop order in case you get lost:
Ann Vento (me!)
Tammy Louise Cunliffe (next stop!)


Thanks for joining us today!  Feel free to head over to Denise's blog to wish her a happy birthday :)


40 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! Just too cute. Love that image and all the colors and textures.

heidy said...

Oh love your coloring Ann ,fabolous card!
XXX heidy

Riet said...

So beautiful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tonya said...

Fabulous! I love the details and the image is so cute!

flossbite said...

Cute lttle pup, especially love his little heart ears! Lovely card!
Hugs
Fiona xx

Aartje said...

Oh I love this dog, it makes me smile. Great card.
Thanks for the image.
Hugs Aartje

Suzanne said...

Such a cute birthday card x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Thank you so much dear friend! Ann, you are wonderful and I can't thank you enough for all that you do. Thank you for making this birthday so special! Love your adorable card too. :) Big hugs!!

Wendy Thompson said...

Great card Ann.

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Awwww...a pup after my own heart..so cute.love your design

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

that is so very precious. Love all the details that you have added to this card.

Tammy Ortiz said...

Very cute card. Dang Blogger lol

Sandy said...

Stopped by on the blog hop, wow just love your card, super image and fab papers and embellishments
Sandy

missstamper said...

What a cute little puppy - such a sweet card!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Iris said...

oh what a stunning card Ann! LOVE your coloring and all the details you've added to the card!

Hugs,
Iris

fusiafscrapping said...

Great Card. I love this so very much. I really love all the details.

Dec'sNan said...

Happy birthday Denise.
Loving your card.
Hugs
Decsnan x

ingejc said...

Wonderful card - love all your details. Habby Birthday to Denise.

Erla Maria said...

Beautiful cards and love your coloring. No lines!! I wish that I could do that.

Del said...

Wow he's gorgeous. Fabulous card, you're colouring is fantastic, so lifelike! xx

Dena said...

Adorable Ann! Those balloons are a great touch!!!
Hugs, Dena

rovianne said...

lovely card

lion_tamer said...

great card ... well done x

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, I so love this! I have got to try this technique sometime... just wonderful! :)

Elaine said...

Anne this made me smile what a lovely dog image so cute fab colours well done Hugs Elaine

Jane said...

HI Anne, great card with so many lovely details,
Jane x

fredalexmom said...

Wow - really an amazing card. Everything comes together perfectly.

Shari said...

Ann, yourt card is just adorable! I LOVE how you coloured the puppy, no lines! Looks amazing!

Hugs;
Shari

Renae said...

SOOOO Cute!

Sandy said...

This is soooo cute - I love all the icing in the puppy's mouth. Love your card dear heart!
Sandy

Lisa R. said...

Such a cute image1 Love the embellishing and layers. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

zehra said...

Lovely card

mandy said...

Oh Ann your coloring is fab!! the doggy looks so real and I love the fab stripy ribbon and bow and the balloons are so cute
Hugs Mandy xxx

LaJanette said...

What an awesome AWESOME card! I love the softness of this pup, and the festive colors!

Happy Birthday to Denise!

Hugs;
Janette

stephanne said...

Awwwww, it's so super cute!! Loving all the whimsy goodness on here and grand colours!!!
hugs, stephanne

dottielottie said...

Super cute image, lovely colouring, great layering, and I love those balloons.
Hugs
Lottie x

rosie said...

gorgeous x

Hazel said...

Oh my goodness Ann he is so cute and adorable and I just love it!

FANTASTIC!

Happy Birthday Denise!

Toodle Pip

Hazel xx

Emily H said...

This is an absolutely amazing card! I love all the details! Happy Birthday Denise!

Marie-Anne said...

What a cute card!

Marie-Anne