Saturday, March 24, 2012

Whimsy Stamps March 2012 Release - Showcase Day 4

Hello and welcome to Day 4 of our
March Rubber & Die Release Showcase!

This week Whimsy Stamps released this month's rubber designs, new Shapeology dies and new Shape EZ templates. From then until March 27 the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today’s hop!

Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on March 28.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...

Ann Vento (me!)
Debbie Eastman
Dena Concienne {Special Guest} 
Stephanne Maraver 



Okay, so I've broken my streak of trying to combine multiple artists, but I just had to put these two fun gals together!  Well, unless I guess if you count me as the sentiments designer, then there's two of us, lol.  Anywho, the fun gals are Fabby Farrah and Sassy Sadie, new from KennyK.  I wish I had written down the colors I used for the Sun Kissed (in this post) because I had a difficult time trying to recreate the sephia color scheme for this card.  Oh well, better luck next time.  I enjoy putting cards together more than I do coloring images so I didn't feel like doing another one ;)

I used both pennants sentiments and dies: Circle Celebration Pennants (with matching Circle Pennants dies) and Celebration Pennants (with matching Banner Pennants dies).  Was kind of fun to see them both together :)  Twine was a little difficult to string along the Circle Pennants dies, but all you have to do is use a big needle to thread the twine through the holes.  I also used the Vintage Birthday Tabs 1 set with matching Tab 1 Die.


Stamps: Whimsy Stamps  Fabby FarrahSassy SadieCircle Celebration Pennants, and Celebration PennantsColoring medium: Copics on Make it Colour blending card; Papers: BasicGrey Little Black Dress; Embellishments: WOC flowers, May Arts ribbon, baker's twine; Tools/Other: Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Circle Pennants dies, Banner Pennants diesTab 1 Die, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Inkssentials Ink Blending tool, sewing machine


Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop back to the Whimsy blog tomorrow for more new release creations!




40 comments:

Basslady said...

this is so cool and cheerful! love it!
the banner looks so cool!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Mari said...

Great banner!!! Fab card :)

Sara H said...

Your card is stunning!I absolutely love the gorgeous papers and the banner =)

Sandra H said...

Hi Ann, Well l can see from your gorgeous creation that no4 mini hblog hop is going to show us some amazing cards yet again!! your card is stunning the colouring is yet again beautifully done and l just love your lovely flowers, twine, lace those dies are amazing and all of the embellishments just totally adorable and gorgeous:) Sandra H

cebelica said...

Wowers, this looks fantastic. I like the vintage touch! xx

MILA25 said...

Łał jaka super kartka . Boskie kolorki .
Pozdrowienia z Polski Mili

Charlotte Ann said...

Wild! The papers you used are perfect. Absolutely LOVE the banner, and the twine is a special touch.

Maria Therese said...

Cool card!

Mary F said...

Ooooh what a fun card, I love it!

karen said...

Fantastic card, so fun and a totally brilliant design, Karenx

rlovew said...

Such a cool card!

Shazza said...

amazing work!!!!!

Glennis said...

Love your unusual colour scheme!

Christine said...

The banner is beautiful! I like your color choices.

stephanne said...

That's cool how you used the pennants together Ann, and great colour combo too!!
hugs, stephanne

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so cute

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Ann! Love the colors and the awesome images! Fabulous coloring and neat pendant banner!

Uta said...

What a wonderful card. The idea to combine the two stamps is great.

Hugs, Uta

Deonna said...

It looks like your gals are having a rockin good time at the Birthday party. Great card! I love those pennants.

kim.scrapper said...

Wow, I love this stamp combo and really like the pennants too! Great color choice also on this gorgeous card, tfs

Gina L said...

Love the combination of the two stamps and the mix of patterns in the paper, as well as the alternating banner.

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

This card is too stinkin' cute! Reminds me of my best friend and I (in our younger years LOL) I hope I can make a card just like this for her birthday.

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Love the deep rich colors and that banner is fabulous! Hugs! Leah Ann

Aartje said...

Wow, Ann, this is awesome, realy fantastic. Beautyful colors. Great work.
Hugs Aartje

Gwen said...

Aaah! LOVE THIS! What an all out fun card!!

Lorraine said...

wow love this its fab the bunting is awesome xx

alethea said...

What an absolutely fabulous card! Those girls look like they are ready to partay!!! LOL! Hugsxx

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O this is so pretty!! I love the banner and all the sentiments on it!!
Kristan

zehra said...

Lovely card, love the banner and the coloring

Tami B. said...

My daughter would flip over this card. You did a great job on it.

Kerys said...

WOW! I love these images! Love the color combo you used and the banner is adorable! Thank you so much for the inspiration :-)

Heidi said...

These images are wonderful and fun.

Lindyloo said...

Oh Ann this is so cool and very different. I love the sepia tones with the black and animal print. It's quite sexy chic and I adore it.
All the best Linda

mags said...

Stunning card. The colouring is superb and love all the elements that you have put together.
Mags
x

Marjorie said...

wow!! this is just lovely hun, lovely images and I love the dies and how you have displayed them...stunning!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Wendy Thompson said...

What a fun card I just love it.

Rosie Gustafson said...

Such a warm playful card. I love it The image and coloring is great. Thank you for sharing.

missstamper said...

Fabulous - I love the neutral colors and the banner really finishes the card nicely.

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

JoanneO said...

I never would have thought to use these colors. I think I will have to try it! Loved your card!

Shari said...

Ann love the monocromatic scheme! Also love how you merged both pennants!