Friday, November 18, 2011

You Warm My Heart

Hello everyone!  Sorry for the lack of posts.  We are in the process of moving from California to Oregon and we've had a heck of time trying to figure everything out.  I'm sure it'll all be worth it though :)


Anywho, for today's post I cheated a bit and combined my Shop Pumpkin Spice weekly post with my Whimsy Stamps showcase post!  I used some gorgeous Bo Bunny papers from the Blitzen 6x6 paper pad.  I really like the non-traditional colors that are in this collection.  There are definitely a lot of color combinations that I would not have thought to use for winter/holiday cards, but I think it came together perfectly!  I also tried my hand a coloring on kraft again, something that I hadn't done for a long time, and I was actually somewhat satisfied with the results.  The image looks better in real life.  If you need kraft paper, Shop Pumpkin Spice has it available here: Bazzill 8.5 x 11 Kraft Cardstock.

As I mentioned, today's card is also for the Whimsy Stamps Showcase Day #2 for the November 2011 Release!  On Wednesday, November 16th, Whimsy Stamps released this month's rubber designs and new shapeology dies. From then until November 23, the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new stamps and dies with a daily mini blog hop.


Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy Inspirations blog after 12.00PM EST on 23 November.





Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Cool PonyWinter Notables 1 sentiments, Sleigh Ride sentiments; Coloring medium: Prismacolour pencils on  Bazzill 8.5 x 11 Kraft CardstockPaper Bo Bunny papers from the Blitzen 6x6 paper padEmbellishmentsEcho Park Happy Days Brad Assortment, sheer ribbon, stiff twill ribbon stamped with sentiment from Sleigh Ride set; Tools: Whimsy Stamps Elegant Notables 1 and Layered Snowflakes, Cuttlebug


For my card, I've used several of the new release stamps and dies.  It was so difficult to choose which image to work with, but I went with Crissy's Cool Pony.  I think the little girl is so cute and Crissy's horses are always the best.  If you've never seen her line of carousel horses at Whimsy, you MUST check them out.

The sentiment that you see on the top left corner of the image is a new line of sentiments and dies that we have called "Notables."  This particular one is from the Winter Notables 1 sentiments set.  I cut it out by hand, but there is also a matching Notables 1 die to go along with it.  The fancy frame that holds it is cut out using the new Elegant Notables 1 die.  This die is current sold out (geez, that was fast), but maybe you can find one at a your favorite Whimsy retailer?  I'm surprised, yet pleased, that it has sold out so quickly :)

I cut out a ton of snowflakes using the Layered Snowflakes die set.  In the center of the snowflakes are brads from the Echo Park Happy Days Brad Assortment.  I stamped the twill ribbon with a sentiment from the Sleigh Ride set.  Stamping on twill was really fun and you will for sure see more of this in the future once all my stuff is out of storage :)  The sentiment was stamped using StazOn Stamp Pad in Jet Black.  This is the only stamp pad I trust on different types of surfaces - it really just "stay on" very well!

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below:

Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. Don't forget to check the Whimsy Inspirations blog tomorrow for more new release creations!



38 comments:

Marie-Anne said...

Ohw, what a gorgeous card.

Marie-Anne

bettand said...

Wow I love that old fashioned stamp and colours.Bettina xx

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, beautiful colors.

featheredheaven said...

Gorgeous card and love the color combo,
Thanks for sharing!
Sue O

Sylvia Zet said...

Absolutely wonderful!

HandmadebyTLC said...

Really wonderful Ann! I need to take lessons on coloring on kraft! Never done it before
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Ellie said...

Beautiful card Ann! Love your coloring and the papers are gorgeous!!

Aartje said...

Beautyful card, i love the gorgeous snowflakes.
Hugs Aartje

Moni said...

Stunning card and love your colouring. Image is cute. Hugs,moni

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Ann, love your use of kraft card - beautifully coloured in.Really sweet image.Hope your move goes smoothly.Love Debbie Johns x

Hanneke said...

What a great card! That image is lovely and I love the papers and snowflakes! I am gonna hop along now on this blog hop. Hugs, Hanneke

Romayne said...

Absolutely in awe of your colouring - especially the reds :). Beautiful card.

Simi said...

Ohhh... what a wonder wonderful card, the stamp is great and I love it :)

Hugs
Simi

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card. I just love the image you've used. TFS.

Rene said...

wonderful job, beautiful coloring. TFS

alethea said...

Oh I thought I commented last night!! LOL!! This card is gorgeous!!! Your colouring is amazing!! HUgs
PS confused with the hop list.. yours is longer than the one on the whimsy blog!!
HUgsxx

Trisha said...

You make such fabulous cards, Ann. This is just another example of a super fantastic job of coloring, layering and embellishing. Love the stamped twill ribbon. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh Ann, This is so awesome! I love this card, it is gorgeous!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

Lisa R. said...

Fabulous paper combo. Love the kraft color. Great embellishing. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Perfect Crafts said...

Beautiful card, love your coloring.
Hugs,
Justyna x

LaJanette said...

I had been waiting to see what you came up with Ann; and I am not disappointed! I just love this image; so super COOL! Love what you have done with the sentiment on the ribbon too:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Gram's Treasures said...

Wow! Your colouring on Kraft is superb! I've never tried it. The beautiful image just seems to pop off of the page!
Joyce xx

Carly said...

Oh wow! You always amaze me with your creations!

xoxoxo Carly

Mimi said...

Gorgeous card! Love the non-traditional colors and cute image! TFS! ;)

Rea said...

Great card Ann, I like that you stamped with black ink on the kraft. I'm not a big fan of no line on kraft. I like Stazon Jet Black also, use it for almost everything now. Wishing the best for your move. I use to live in LA, and know how expensive it can be. Hugs

Sarah said...

Stunning card! Great job!
Sarah

Sandy G said...

Love these colours together and how you have coloured this adorable little image, embellishments as fabulous, great card!

Annelies said...

Gorgeous card! I especially love the sentiment die, so elegant! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

Susan said...

awesome image, great coloring, love the ribbon and sentiment!
Susan

Karen said...

This is so beautiful - I love the way you have coloured onto kraft here. Just wonderful.xx

Marilyn said...

So pretty Ann... love the image on the kraft paper and those are perfect embellies!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Ann! Your coloring on the kraft paper is gorgeous.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, I am SO IMPRESSED GF!! This is my fav. creation of yours to date for sure!! Absolutely in love with your colouring style on kraft. AND the card layout, ribbon, design, all of it. It is super stupendous and superb and I'm out of superlatives!!! ha ha! Can I just say WOW!!!
xoxo

Adriana Vanderhoeven said...

Your work is very beautiful Ann!!!! I like very much the colour, image, embellisments...ALL!!!!! hugs

Riet said...

So wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.
Hugs Riet.xx

sallysbitz said...

Awww Ann, this is just gorgeous x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

nicoleqmullen said...

This is stunning and your colouring is just amazing!!

ellabella said...

This is too adorable for words, Hon!!! Adore your coloring of this sweet image...details and design are stunning.