Friday, October 28, 2011

My first explosion box

Hi everyone!  Wow, Fridays come so quickly these days, which is a good thing in my opinion :)

Today I'm sharing my first explosion box!  I know, I'm a little late in the game.  Everyone started making these a while ago, but I had never made one until last night :)  It was great to really do some cutting and gluing instead of spending time coloring.  If I hadn't mentioned, I like the "putting the card together" part much more than the "get the image colored" part.

Anywho, all the papers (except for the stripped paper on the outside of the box) were from the Echo Park Season's Greetings 6x6 paper pad.  All the little titles (is that what they're called?) are from the MME Lost and Found Christmas 12x12 Accessory Sheet.  With the papers, the accessory sheet, and some Spellbinders dies (which SPS has for great prices), the box was pretty easy to put together!  The rest is just frills (flowers and ribbon)

I actually liked how it turned out, but boy was it difficult to photograph especially during nighttime when I had to try to work with my little white board.  It definitely won't be the last time I make one of these :)  Hope you like it!








 PapersEcho Park Season's Greetings 6x6 paper padEmbellishmentsMME Lost and Found Christmas 12x12 Accessory Sheet, May Arts ribbons, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers; ToolsSpellbinders dies, Cuttlebug, ATG Gun (refills available here), and Tonic Guillotine Cutter


12 comments:

Judi said...

FAB work Ann! Love everything about it.

Judi x

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

Wow you would never know this was the first time for you making one of these, my first time making one it looked like my 3 year old put it together!! This is gorgeous, i love the outside how you decorated it and then i saw the inside and thought wow, great job!!
Kristan

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful work Ann!

Louise said...

Hi Ann!
WOW! I LOVE this explosion box :) Amazing looking inside and out :) Gorgeous!
And hey: you might be late but you´re not the last crafter to not have done this ;) ;)

Have a nice weekend :)
Hugs

Chrissy said...

Stunning work Ann...love the papers and all the details, just gorgeous...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jamie said...

this looks great you did a wonderful job even though it was your first one. i have been wanting to try my hand at an explosion box hopefully soon :) tfs.
PS I'm having a cricut cart giveaway on my blog feel free to come over and enter if interested HERE!

-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, you did an amazing job. TFS.

Kim H said...

beautiful work, very well done. I have yet to make one of these, seeing yours reminded me I wanted to get around to the project. Thank you.

Riet said...

So beautiful Ann,I love your papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sylvia said...

This is sooooooo adorable!!! LOVE it, Ann!

And I'm really impressed with your meticulous work on this wonderful explosion box! Everything's is absolutely straight and neat and just PERFECT *wow*

You are always a great source of inspiration for me, Ann! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us, sweetie!
Sylvia xx

sallysbitz said...

Ann, this is gorgeous x
I have never made one of these either Lol

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Gente de Massinha said...

Beautiful box :)