Saturday, September 17, 2011

Whimsy Stamps September Showcase Day 3: Meljen's Designs!

Hello and welcome to Day 3
of our September Rubber Die Release Showcase!

On Wednesday (Sept 14th), Whimsy Stamps released our September rubber designs and new dies! From then until September 20th, the Whimsy Stamps DT will be showcasing these fabulous new stamps and shapeology die with a daily mini blog hop.

Each mini blog hop will have a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you will have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 9.00am EST tomorrow morning. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy Inspirations blog after 12noon on September 21st.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations by the Design Team, please click on the links below...



Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now for 10% off from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

For today's showcase, I used two new designs: Fall Wreath and Autumn Letter Seals.  I stamped and colored then Fall Wreath, the I stamped on an cut out the letter seal sentiment, then stamped the wreath again so that I could layer the bird.  I actually rather like the way that this card turned out!  I think the big beautiful leaf dies and raffia did most of the work though :)

I used an old sketch from Stamps & Fun = Creativity.

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Fall Wreath and Autumn Letter Seals; Medium: Copics on X-Press It Blending Card; Papers: BasicGrey Pyrus; Embellishments: raffia; Tools: Spellbinders dies, Cheery Lynn doily die, ATG Gun


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check back tomorrow for more new release creations!


20 comments:

Scrappycath said...

Beautiful work. Love the raffia too!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous! Love the raffia, I have a big bag of the stuff somewhere.

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you've used the Raffia, it gives it the perfect finishing touch. :) X X

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great.

Shazza said...

this is wonderful x

Sandy said...

beautiful card... thanks for sharing

LaJanette said...

I am loving how you have the sentiment popped up and then the birdie overlaying it! Those leafs and raffia are so cool!

Hugs;
Janette

Uta said...

Wow, what a great card. Amazing!

Hugs, Uta

Deonna said...

Wow! I love this fall card. I love the colors the doilly, raffia everything about it.

Glennis said...

I love the gorgeous autumn colours, great card

Barbara said...

Hi Ann, Your card is a masterpiece! Had such a difficult time taking my eyes off of it~ thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us. Hugs

Kim H said...

Wonderful card, love the colors, and added texture of the raffia. Thank you.

Frea said...

HI Ann, I just love this fall card; great colours and love the papers! Hugs Frea

Crystal said...

GORGEOUS Anne LOVE LOVE how you used the raffia!!!

Caroline said...

What a super autumn card!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Melanie said...

I love how you have used greens on the leaves on the wreath when the automatic inclination with Autumn is to use browns. Also love the bird popped up! And everything else!!!

Anesha said...

Beautiful card, with all those lovely elements. :)

Dot said...

Lovely card, Ann.
Thank you for sharing.
hugs Dorte

Carly said...

Oh I love this ... I love all the different bits and pieces that match together perfectly!