Wednesday, September 28, 2011

MiC Christmas Elf Socks

Hi everyone!

I actually got to make something for fun last night :)  Make it Crafty has a new Christmas release and all the digis are just a complete must-have.  There are some cute elves, cheeky elves, elegant angels, gingerbread men and a house.  I just couldn't want to play with them!

The first one I chose to color up and create something with was Socks, although it was a tough choice since they're all adorable.  I thought I would try something different so I have him hanging off of a circle outline die cut.  The sentiment is from the Whimsy Stamps Winter Letter Seals set.  The quote inside remains to be one of my favorite winter-related quotes ever :) I also used some MiC Chipboard which were generously treated with Golden Rod Stickles (love how they turned out - looks much better in real life!)

The papers I used are from the GORGEOUS Echo Park - Season's Greetings 6x6 Paper Pad, which Shop Pumpkin Spice has for only $4.19!  I actually used up a whole paper pad already!  I printed out 6 of the new elves and separated the papers out for each image so that I can (try) to match the paper colors.  So yep, I used up a whole pad and you'll be seeing A LOT of this paper :)

All edges were distressed with Distress Inks in Vintage Photo.

Stamps: Make it Crafty Socks, Whimsy Stamps Winter Letter Seals; Coloring medium: Copics on X-Press It Blending Card; Papers: Echo Park - Season's Greetings 6x6 Paper Pad; Embellishments: MiC Chipboard; Tools: MS border punch, Spellbinders dies, Cheery Lynn doily die, Inkssentials ink blending tool

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

So cute! Your coloring is beautiful. I love the papers you used.

Glennis said...

Absolutely gotgeous

Louise said...

Hi hunni :)
OMG! This is so lush, such a cool image and your colouring is amazing :) Love the papers too :)

Hugs

Iris said...

Oh he is just the cutest! I got me the whole set yesterday as well ;-) Gorgeous coloring and the DP is beautiful!

Hugs,
Iris

Dana said...

Ann, this is stunning! Your cute little "Socks" is adorable and your papers, dies cuts and embellies are out of this world gorgeous!!
Hugs~
Dana

Rea said...

So cute, Ann, I love how you added the stickles to the chip pieces. Turned out great. That little elf is so cute. HUgs

Zoe said...

Stunning Ann - Absolutely LOOOOVE how you have him hanging there. So cute!! And your colouring is super fab, beautifully blended AND I do love those papers. Was just thinking I need to get me some Christmas pads!! xxoo

Sylvia said...

oh my goodness.. Ann, this is totally STUNNING!!! LOOOOOOVE this card! what a super cute little guy and so fantastically colored!!!
{hugs} Sylvia