Saturday, September 24, 2011

Goodbye Sentimental Sundays

Well, this is a bittersweet day for me.  Today, I say goodbye to the Sentimental Sundays blog.  I started the blog back in April 2010 and I never thought it would survive with all the challenge blogs out there and I didn't know if I myself could keep up with it.  Due to some personal reasons as well as really, lack of having 40 hours in the day instead of 24, I made the hard decision to step away.

However, I am so very proud to say that because of all the wonderful people I've met through the blog and their dedication to keep it going, I can say goodbye with a restful mind knowing that the blog is in great hands.  I am truly so very grateful for my time there and I can't wait to see it grow even more! I know that the new team leaders will help it thrive!

I promised myself I would create something for my last challenge at the blog.  Today's challenge is: Step Out of Your Comfort Zone.  I was hoping to create something grand, but I settled for something a little more subtle and I did end up really enjoying the end result.  What did I try?  I stamped on fabric!  Crinoline to be exact.  The image was stamped on bright white crinoline and colored with Copics.  I used Stickles on the little chandelier things hanging from the lamp shade.

Please join us for today's Sentimental Sundays Challenge, and as always, there's a freebie sentiment set up for grabs so head on over there now :)

Stamps: Unity; Coloring medium: Copics; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black stamped on crinoline fabric; Paper: BasicGrey Out of Print; Embellishments: May Arts cord and ribbon; Tools: sewing machine, Memory Makers distressing tool


19 comments:

HandmadebyTLC said...

Ann this is wonderful! The tones of shaded color and the DP's are just splendid! I will miss you over at SS but We'll still be Whimsy together!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Mervi said...

Thanks and good luck to your new projects. Gorgeous stamping on fabric;-))m

SugarGem said...

This is so pretty!

Marie-Anne said...

What a beauty to say goodbye with. Sorry to see you leave.

Marie-Anne

Margreet said...

Gorgeous goodb ye creation Ann...we'll see each other at Whimsy's!
xxx Margreet

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. Sorry to have you leave, but I can certainly understand not having the time for all you have to do. Hugs, Rhonda

Tracey said...

Wonderful card Ann, I'm surprised how well the image has stamped on the crinoline, it looks lovely :)
I will really miss you on the challenge blog but wishing you every happiness & success for the future.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shazza said...

it's lovely x

Deb said...

sorry to see that you had to leave sentimental sundays but glad that others are keeping it going!
love your card, fab idea to stamp on fabric!
hope you are having a great weekend!
happy crafting, Debxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Ann.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

Ann, this is completely stunning, love the effect of the fabrics xxx

Calypso's Crafts said...

Ann-
This is card is gorgeous!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I am surprised as well on how well the fabric too the copic coloring!! Love the added touch of the stickle. I will truly miss you at Sentimental Sundays but, I know where to look you up when I need some inspirational candy!!! Thank you for everything!!!

BIG HUGS,
Calypso

Kim Y. said...

Very prety, Ann! I love stamping on fabric too! Very fun!

Lora said...

Love that dp you have used. I'm really surprised how well the image stamped and coloured on the fabric. Will have to give this a try.
Lora x

Tameko said...

Ann, this is beautiful. Thanks so much for the kind words on my blog. I have enjoyed out time together, and you will be missed!
Blessings,Tameko

spill control pallets said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sylvia said...

GORGEOUS creation, Ann! The stamping on canvas looks incredibly wonderful!
Sorry to see you leaving Sentimental Sundays, but I totally understand ... and real life, health and family always comes first!
{hugs} Sylvia

Cor* said...

NNNoooooooooooooooo NOT Sentimental Sundays!!! How sad, yet reassuring that it will be resuming under new hands!!! Your cards is wonderful Ann!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love the effect you got from stamping on fabric. This is definitely out of my comfort zone too.

We will really miss you at Sentimental Sundays. I am so glad that I got to meet and work with you at Meljen's, Sentimental Sundays, and Whimsy. I hope I will have the chance to work with you in the future. I am so pleased that I got to meet some a warm, generous, and considerate person such as you. Take care! I'll be blog stalking!