Monday, August 22, 2011

Butterfly Fairy

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to share a card I made for fun!  I hardly ever get to do that anymore so I'm happy about this one :)  Not to say that this one is anything to cheer about, but I do really like how tender the flower turned out on Crissy's beautiful Fairy Daydreams (available at Whimsy).  I just love this image!  I'm doing the no-lines thing again, which I thought had a lovely effect with this soft and tender fairy.  Too bad I colored the stem so brightly, but oh well, one can always improve!  The background is a Make It Crafty Tulip Garden digi, which is greedily snagged during Zoe's sale.  I couldn't pass up such a great deal!  Nowadays my images feel so empty and "floaty" when I don't have a background.  The little postmark is from the Whimsy Stamps Birthday Postage Stamp Sentiments and the butterflies are from the newly release Whimsy Elegant Butterflies Dies set.

Hope your week is off to a good start! Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Fairy Daydreams and Make it Crafty Tulip Garden digi, sentiment from Whimsy Stamps Birthday Postage Stamp Sentiments; Medium: Copics on X-Press It Blending Card; Papers: MME Six by Six "Vanity Fair" paper pad (SPS has it for $4.19!); Embellishments: May Arts, MME Happy Days pearl brad, pearls, Stickles; Tools: Tonic Guillotine Cutter, ATG Adhesive Gun (SPS has it for $18.89!)

Enabler Links:
Fairy Daydreams

 Whimsy Stamps Fairy Daydreams



*NEW Elegant Butterflies

Whimsy Stamps Elegant Butterflies




  My Minds Eye - "Vanity Fair" 6 x 6 Paper Pad  

7 comments:

Dana said...

I love this Ann!! So many amazing textures and I love that dreamy look on her face : )

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful Ann.
luv
Debby

Annika said...

ooohhh...FAB work! You have captured the dreamy quality amazingly!!
And I'm no SO sorry I didn't get those butterfly dies :'(
Hugs
Annika

Lau W said...

Superb fairy, so sweet ! Your card is a beauty !
xxx

Iris said...

Your card is fantastic Ann and I love the no line coloring!!!!

hugs,
Iris

Denine said...

Wonderful card Ann. I love how 'gentle' it looks. Very sweet. How do you do those lovely bows... beautiful.
hugs,

sallysbitz said...

Ann this is gorgeous x
Love it all.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com