Friday, July 1, 2011

Yeah, baby yeah!

Hello again!

I wanted to pop in and show you a step card I created using Whimsy's Bling Baby by KennyK.  I've loved this image for a long time now, but wow, I took forever to color her!  And then at the final stage, when I color around the finished with Pumice Stone, I accidentally got her shirt wet and there's a smear!  Oh well, I still like how the card turned out :)

Oh oh, and I FINALLY got to use the Whimsy Stamps Film Strip Sentiments the way that I envisioned them!  Like I've said before, it's so awesome to see people using them in different ways that you've never even thought of!  When I created the sentiments, I was thinking that they would be stamped on acetate (or a transparency sheet, which is what I used) and then arranged to make them look like actual film.

That's what I've done for this card.  First, I stamped the sentiments onto the rough side of the transparency and then I cut around them and laid them out to make them look like one long film strip.  I wasn't too careful so it turned out kind of crooked, but I'm sure you can do a better job.  Then, I just glued them on with regular clear-drying glue along the top and bottom.  The glue didn't show up at all so I was happy about that; I thought it would be like vellum where you could see glue spots.

A criticism I had from hubby was, "How come they're all square, you do should something different." So that's how I ended up with this :)  Anywho, hope you like my card!

For those in the States, I hope you enjoy the long weekend :)

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Bling Baby, Film Strip Sentiments Strip Sentiments; Medium: Distress Inks on Lanaquarrel watercolor paper; Paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece; Embellishments: WOC flowers; Tools: Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die, Spellbinders die, transparency



4 comments:

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
this card is gorgeous
the coloring is amazing hunni
a card well done, my compliments to you sweetie
hugs angelique

Karen Wilson said...

Ann, what an awesome card!! I am loving this image too!!

ellabella said...

Your card is amazing gorgeous background that go well with the image and beautifully coloured too fantastic............:)

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Ann,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx