Friday, July 22, 2011

Pink {INK} Sketch Challenge #2!

Happy Friday!

Whew, I'm so glad this week is over!  Feels like it's been both a short week and a long week - does that make sense?  It feels like it's been a long week because it's been a busy one, but it feels like a short week because there's not been enough time to do all the things I need to do!

Anywho, enough whining.  Guess what?  It's already time for the Pink Ink Sketch Challenge #2!  This time around, we have a lovely sketch by the gorgeous and talented Kellie (who is going on an amazing 60-day Facebook free thing)!

Isn't the sketch wonderful?  I think it is :)  I took SOME liberty with it, but hopefully you still see all the elements there.  The beauty with sketches is that it gives you a starting point and then you can just RUN with it.  Plus, the DT this week has created some wonderful samples for you!

For this challenge, we are sponsored by Kellie and her awesome Tickled Pink Stamps store this week so if you love the TPS images, make sure to play along over the next two weeks for a chance to win!  Kellie is giving away 3 RUBBER or DIGITAL stamps from the NEW August release that wont had even started previews yet YAY.  BUT wait that is NOT all I am also going to give away the sentiments set AND the die to match!

Since TPS is sponsoring, I decided to use some brand spankin' new and oh-so-adorable Lil Littles.  I used Lil Little Lolita Lilith (I think Lilith is my favorite Lolita) and also used Lil Little Lad Luca.  I also used a sentiment from the Pink Valentine Sentiments set.  And yes, you are totally right if you're thinking that I went flower crazy on this card.  I gotta use up the ridiculously huge stash of flowers sooner or later!


Stamps: Tickled Pink Stamps d Lil Little Lolita Lilith, Lil Little Lad Luca and Pink Valentine Sentiments; Medium: Copics on X-press It Blending Card; Papers: Prima Madeline; Embellishments: WOC flowers (lots of them), pearl spray, lace; Tools: Spellbinders Circle die

Oh, and if you visit me often (thank you for that, I'm sorry I'm such a terrible commenter), you know that I usually color with Distress Inks, but hey, guess who picked up Copics again?  Yep, that'd be me, the person who SOLD some of her Copics because she thought she was never ever going to use them again.  Bad idea.  I think it's been about a year since I colored with Copics, if not more.  I've been seeing such awesome coloring from so many Copic users out there (you all know who you are) and I was overly optimistic that "Oh, maybe I can do that, too."  Well, let's just say that maybe I need more practice.  The only thing I really like on the colored image are their hair and her umbrella and maybe Luca's shirt.  Yes, practice indeed.

Alright, enough from me.  Make sure to stop by the Pink Ink Sketch Challenge Blog to be inspired by all the gorgeous creations by the DT and to enter the challenge!


7 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card Ann,the image is adorable and love the colours, the paper is so delish.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Linda

Kellie said...

This is AH-mazing as you know I am a BIG fan! Colouring is gorgeous and I love them together and I looove that you went OTT with flowers but you can never have toooo many flowers!

Hugs xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card!

Marie-Anne

Kim Y. said...

This is just too sweet! Loving all the blooms!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh Wow, Anne! This is STUNNING!

Craftdee said...

Okay Ann, firstly I wish my Copic Colouring were THAT bad, lol! Secondly...fab card all round, love those flowers - me want!...now can I physically fit any more "stuff" in my craft room, hmmm...Thanks for sharing, Dee