Saturday, July 9, 2011

Paper Fever

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a good weekend so far and that it's not too hot (or too cold for my Aussie friends) where you are!

If you are a frequenter of my blog, then you've heard me mention that the Pumpkin Spice store has THE BEST prices on paper: at least 30% off all products AND free shipping over $50 (I hate having to pay for high shipping).  But of course, prices mean nothing if the service is crappy, so thankfully, Denine has great service, too!  Everything always gets shipped so quickly.  I recently ordered from the store and she informed me that she's having her first ever design team call and I knew I had to throw my name into the hat.  You should, too!  You can find more about the call HERE.

To try out, she's asking us to create something specifically for the DT Call using at least two of the following paper lines: Bo Bunny, Cosmo Cricket, Crate Paper, Echo Park, Graphic 45, My Mind’s Eye.  You can find the paper lines I used below.

She's also posed the oh-so-impossible: mention your favorite paper line.  WHAT?  That's like asking me to choose my favorite dog, lol.  My thought process was this: I love October Afternoon's fresh yet sometimes vintage colors and patterns, but I also love Cosmo Cricket's bold and clean lines, but of course there's my first love BasicGrey, and then there are my newly found loves Echo Park and Crate Paper.  Sigh.  If I had to chose one, I guess it would have to be Cosmo Cricket.  It forces me to be bold and think outside what I would normally create.  So there you have it!

Okay, so on to my cards!  I created two because I was trying to put off having to study for my midterm. The "Butterfly Kisses" card is actually much nicer in person, but since it's so light, it didn't photograph well.  And I just love how you can cut up parts of the Graphic 45 paper to make them the actual image for the card! Alrightey, wish me luck and hope you enjoy the cards!

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Spring Letter Seals; Papers: Echo Park's Springtime and MME Lime Twist Fly a Kite; Embellishments: seam binding, button; Tools: Spellbinders die, ATG gun, Aleene's Craft Glue

Stamps: Tickled Pink Stamps Steampunk Sentiments; Papers: Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante and Crate Paper Portrait Collection; Embellishments: seam binding, jute trims, WOC flower; Tools: Spellbinders dies, Inkssentials ink blending tool, Ranger Tea Dye ink pad, ATG gun


5 comments:

Deb said...

oh wow, fabulous cards Ann! such gorgeous sentiment stamps too!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Shirley N said...

Beautiful cards Ann, love what you do with papers and sentiments!

ms.espresso said...

That sentiment makes me smile! Beautiful card :)

SugarGem said...

Cute cards. I just can't get enough of the springtime collection

Sugarlips said...

Beautiful cards. Good Luck on the DT call.

:)