Friday, July 8, 2011

Our first Pink INK Sketch Challenge!

Hi everyone!  Today is the FIRST challenge for Pink INK Sketch Challenges and to celebrate our grand "opening," we're kicking things off with a blog hop!  I'm the first stop so if you're hopping along, you're in the right place.  If you lose your way, I have a list of the hop participants at the bottom of this post or you can also find it on the Pink INK Sketch Challenges Blog.

Oh, and you can also find us on Facebook HERE if you fancy the social networking thing :)

For our first sketch, we would like you to use this lovely sketch by Jane: 

We have FIVE generous sponsors for you this week which means FIVE different chances to win prizes!!  Here are our wonderful sponsors for this week:




So on to my cards!  I created three cards for this challenge and was a bit flexible with the sketch, but the elements are still there (I hope you see them). At first, I thought only Tickled Pink Stamps was sponsoring, then we added on Whiff of Joy and also Whimsy Stamps so since I work for all of them, I didn't want to be biased so I used products from all three companies.  It was really fun making these cards!  It's probably because Jane's sketch is so versatile, but I created these three in about an hour and a half.  Granted, two of the images were already colored, but still, I don't think that's bad at all :)
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Club Kid and Everyday Mini Postage Stamps; Medium: Distress Inks on Montval watercolor paper; Paper: Fancy Pants It's in the Little Things; Embellishments: WOC flowers, May Arts striped twill ribbon, baker's twine; Tools: Whimsy Stamps Mini Postage Stamp Die, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch

Stamps: Whiff of Joy Little Nurse, Whimsy Stamps Oval Snippets; Medium: Distress Inks on Montval watercolor paper; Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop; Embellishments: WOC flowers, May Arts twill ribbon, lace; Tools: Nestabilities Ovals and Lacey Ovals; Memory Makers distressing tool

I think this Tickled Pink card turned out the best :)  I'm also entering it into the Pink Lady DT call, though I think my chances are slim since there's so much talent already in the pool.  If you haven't heard about the call, you can read all about it HERE and maybe give it a shot too :)
 Stamps: Tickled Pink Stamps Lil Victoria Steampunk Lad Eric and Steampunk Sentiments; Medium: Distress Inks on Montval watercolor paper; Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop; Embellishments: WOC flowers, May Arts twill ribbon, lace; Tools: Nestabilities Ovals and Lacey Ovals; Memory Makers distressing tool

I hope you enjoyed my creations for today and we hope to see you join in at the Pink INK Sketch Challenges!

Now it's time to hop along to Cheri's magnificent blog to see what amazing creation she's come up with using Jane's oh-so-versatile sketch!

If you get lost along the way, here's the complete blog hop list: 
Ann (me!)


63 comments:

Carol said...

WOWZER Ann! Three cards Hun, you've been a busy bee then lol! Fabulous work as always Hun. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

NGCARDS said...

Wow these are absolutely stunning hun xxx

Marie said...

Such stunning creations, all of them! Looking fabby!
Love n hugs
Marie

Janette said...

These are really brilliant cards.xx

Linda said...

These are all just beautiful.. Hugs, Linda

Cor* said...

Ann.....you are always such an inspiration to me! Your first card is totally wicked & funkadelic! Second card is sweet and innocent and third card is totally steampunk meets distressed shabby! WowZERS! what eye candy. Love them all! Good luck in the DT call!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Some absolutely fabulous cards...from the paper to the stamps to the coloring and details....I know you always do great work, but these are fab!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards and WOW only an hour and a half!!! That is incredible! It takes me forever to do one and that is without coloring! LOL Love your paper choices with all of them and your details are fabulous!! Such a pretty sketch!
:)Kathy

Chelle said...

I love all 3 cards..I hope you get the DT spot.

Colleen B. said...

All 3 are gorgeous, I can't pick a fave. Good luck with the DT call!!

LaJanette said...

Wow Ann...3 cards, 1.5hrs, all so fab!

Janette

Queen B said...

Great job! I love that steampunk one!

Hill Top Creations said...

Love them all great cards. Looking forward to the rest of the hop. Take Care

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your three cards are all beautiful. Love the sketch and can't wait to play!

Stampin Mindy said...

These are gorgeous! I love the colors and your amazing coloring. Beautiful creations.

Hugs, Mindy

Margreet said...

wowzers Ann....3 awesome cards in such a short time...they are all fab!
xxx Margreet

arjette said...

Your cards are awesome!!!
And what a lovely sketch!! I'll try to play along!

gr. arjette.

Chantal said...

Wow Ann I love your cards! CU Chantal

My Handmade Expressions said...

HI Ann, Pretty cool cards. Love your coloring!

Joey said...

WOW Ann three stunning cards I cant pick a fave, your colouring and details are amazing. Joey xxx

Becky said...

Ann, these are fabulous.. I just love the colors and patterens on the first one, love those striped leaves.

Lou Mac said...

THREE CARDS?! Wow Ann, you've spoiled us!!

I love the diecut shape on the first one and the green streaks in her hair!! The twill ribbon and the striped leaves are perfect touches!!

I love the whimsical feel of the second one with the gorgeous papers and lace!!

The colours on the third one are just lovely!! The embossed panel and the sentiment are perfect!!

Thank you for sharing!

Tanya S said...

Wow girl,when you get your mojo on,You rock!!These cards are fab!

chrissy xx said...

WoW! Y0u have been busy. Wouldn't know which to choose lol. LOve them all. Have fun on your new adventure.
Chrissyxx

Jolanda said...

So...not 1 ...not 2...but 3 cards for the first challenge. WOW what a work you made. And al so different. STUNNING...have fun on the new blog.
HUgs Jolanda

Stamping Seasons said...

Wow all three cards are stunning Ann. So much detail to look at.
Hugs
Tracy

Shirley N said...

Wow Ann, three awesome cards all so gorgeously colored. You rocked that sketch with all three, fab job!!!

Mimiko said...

These are all so awesome and beautiful :)

Louise said...

Beautiful cards, love them all
Louise

Karyn S said...

OMG, 3 amazing cards of inspiration. I love them all! gorgeous colouring Ann!

Graphicat said...

Ann your creations are STUNNING! I was trying to pic a FAV and Im just not sure... they're all so awesome. I love your use of papers/colours and texture! AH-MAZ-ZING!!!
Hugs
Cheri

Kellie said...

WOW girl 3 I was having troubles with one and you pump out 3 amazing cards WOW girl, WOW! I love them all, you are truly amazing!

Hugs fellow Pink Ink Kellie

Katie said...

Ummmmm, not sure there's much more to say than WOW! Holy Smokes you've got some talent girl- three amazing cards :) Thanks for heaps of inspiration- you totally rocked this sketch!
xx Katie

Anesha said...

Stunning cards!!!!

Tracey Manderson said...

This is cool Ann! Love all the cards on show!! off to do the hop
Hugs
Tracey

Dunja said...

Hi Ann,

wow, you are very great. You have created three incredible creations. I'm speechless. All are wonderful. Thank you for your inspiration :-)

Hugs
Dunja xx

Martinas Welt said...

Wow, wow...even three cards!! Amazing!! Can I tell you my favourite is the Steam Punk one? ;) I love it!!! But also the otehrs are fantastic! Love the new Challenge!
Martina

Antoinette said...

Fabby cards Ann hun...you have been a busy bee :) Loving the challenge and congrats on the 1st one...the first of many! hugs Annie xXx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

gobeagirl said...

OMGoodness Ann. I love all of your cards. You have such a talent for coloring. Truly they are all mini pieces of fantastic art! Just beautiful work. I can not wait to come back and check out all the rest of your talent. Hugs, Lisa G

DI said...

must admit I love the tickled pink one.

HandmadebyTLC said...

Geez Ann!
When do you do dishes and Laundry? lol Just lovely projects and I love the variety and the details too! I hope your breathing while you craft, you're one busy girl. I hope to win one of the Little Darling Stamps so I can ink one up, I'll tell Angie you said Hi in a few weeks when I see her! Isn't she the best!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise
P.S. Love the freebies at SS this week too!

Marie-Anne said...

Your cards are lovely!

Marie-Anne

sallysbitz said...

Three amazing cards from you Ann. Great sketch too.
Me thinks i'm gonna play along after I have completed the blog hop x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

coops said...

wow these are absolutely fantastic.love them all :D

xx coops xx

ms.espresso said...

Wow, three beautiful cards using this gorgeous sketch- impressive! I agree with you, though, the Tickled Pink one is really fab! I look forward to using this sketch :)

Sue said...

These are just Stunning!!
hugs
Sue

Jane said...

WOW Ann!! You're one speedy card maker!!! Even with the images coloured up it would take me that long to make one LOL!! All three are absolutely stunning hun - amazing colouring and colours and I love the different ways you've used the sketch! hugs Jane xxx

Erica said...

Wow sweetie love your cards, I'm totally in awe! They all have such fun little details and amazing colouring!

Hugs,
Erica

Pinkladibug said...

I cannot beleive you made 3 cards! and they are all wonderful! I love the paper patterns you picked on your first card.
great job

Thanks
April
peacockbbd2@yahoo.com

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my goodness Ann! These are all fabulous! i can't wait to try out this sketch! And yummy prizes to be won too! I definitely would vote for you for the TPS DT - love your creations! and yes there is a quite a talent pool there but you are right there with them :) Hugs!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Lelia Pierce said...

Awesome cards, doll! And slim chances on the TP DT call? Seriously? You're a shoe in!

XXX

Mary C said...

WOW these two card are absolutely gorgeous Ann! I don't even think I could pick a favorite. This was a fantastic sketch to work with.
Happy Creating,
Mary C

Dot said...

Ann, all of your cards are awesome, but the first one for sure the best. Good luck with the DT call.
hugs Dorte

niili said...

beautiful cards and magical colors!

Archies Mum said...

Wow lovely cards you've made, and the colours you've chosen are gorgeous. Love the first sketch provided, look forward to seeing/using more

Eva Gro said...

Theese cards are all real stunning!
Marvelous!
Hugs

Miranda de Groot said...

What a lovely cards
Hugs Miranda

MrsK said...

Wow Ann they are all stunning!! HUgz Sal xx

Molecraft said...

Three fabulous cards, love your different takes on the sketch!
Helen x

Jill said...

Oh Ann, you have had a lot to lately! So many gorgeous cards! In this hop I must say the TPS card is my favorite, but they are all stunning!
Beautiful work :)
Hugs, Jill

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Wow, these are all fantastic! I love them all, but especially that last vintage one! Gorgeous work!

Playing with paper said...

Fantastic cards, I need steampunk lad eric now!!