Thursday, July 28, 2011

MiC chipboard dragonflies!

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to quickly pop in a share this card for the special challenge at Make it Colourful to celebrate Make it Crafty's one year anniversary.  Talk about cutting it close!  I used Make it Crafty's Mini Dragonflies laser-cut chipboard (thanks, Zoe!).  I promised myself that I would do something to highlight these little beauties because they really do deserve the spotlight on their own.  Just look at how gorgeous they are!

Even though I fussed over this card and it started out WAAAAY different than what it ended up (two pieces of kraft cardstock fell victim to my indecision), it didn't take very long to put it together.  First, the blue dragonflies (well they weren't blue yet) were laid down on a scrap piece of paper and I took a Tumbled Glass Distress Inkpad and stamped them blue.  I don't have any other colors of inkpads except browns so to color the pinkish/red dragonfly, I  used Liquid Pearls in Rogue.  After they dried, I used Stickles to add glitter to them (a clear one, I don't know which exactly).  After that dried, I added Diamond Glaze over it.  Sounds like a lot, but it really didn't take long at all, especially since the drying was pretty quick because it was a small area.

The rest of the card is just typical me.  Pretty paper, overdone flowers, and a bit of twine as my attempt to use up my ridiculous stash.

Thanks so much for looking!  Hope this inspires you to use those MiC chipboards in a new way!


Stamps: None; Paper: BasicGrey Hello Luscious; Embellishments: Make it Crafty Mini Dragonflies laser-cut chipboard; WOC flowers, twine; Tools: just the good ol' paper cutter and ATG glue gun


3 comments:

Zoe said...

oooo Ann!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I never thought to use them like this but boy I love it!! Love the finish on them... glossy accents?? hugs xxooo

Dana said...

Very pretty Ann!! I would hang this on my wall : )

Littlehamsterz said...

How pretty :) I love how tropical it looks!