Thursday, June 30, 2011

A new Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge: Punchy!

Hello everyone!

Hope you've all had a great week.  I'm very much looking forward to getting some rest and I'm sure you are, too :)  What better way to rest up than....to craft!  Haha, at least that's what I define as resting up.

Anywho, today is the first Friday of the month so you know what that means: time for a new Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge!  This time we have an easy one for you: get punchy - use your punches and/or dies.  We are sponsored by Robyn's Fetish who will be donating 6 digital images or 4 digital images and 1 paper pack to one lucky winner!



For my card, I've used an oh-so-fuzzy image from Teddy Bo and Company called Ballerina Bea.  I'm so intimated of coloring up these images because I've seen many talented people using them on their cards and making them look gorgeous.  So...I didn't even try to color it, lol.  I've used the pencil sketch version of this image and left it as is.  It's printed on watercolor paper, though, to give it a little bit of texture.

For the punchy part of the challenge, I used a bunch of swirl/flourish dies (Marianne D's, Spellbinders) along with a doily die from Cheery Lynn.  I kept it very neutral with just the browns because I didn't want the image being overpowered since it printed out rather light (and came out even lighter in photos).

Please join us over at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge Blog to play along with our punchy challenge and also to see what beautiful samples the DT came up with!

Image: Teddy Bo and Company Ballerina Bea; Papers: BasicGrey Capella; Embellishments: hand-dyed seam binding, pearls, rhinestones; Tools: Spellbinders dies, Marianne D's dies, Making Memories distresser, Cheery Lynn doily die

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Stamps - Sketch - I hope you can see the layout underneath all my flourishes!
Divas by Design - Die cuts and punches
My Mum's Craft Shop - Something old, something new - New image, old paper
Stampavie and More - More than 3 layers
Truly Scrumptious - Things with wings
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Judi said...

GORGEOUS work (as always)!

Judi x

1LuvnMama said...

Beautiful Ann! I luv the monochromatic look of the browns, so vintagy. All the flourishes gives it an elegant touch! :)

Patti P. said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card...not coloring it made it even more beautiful with the softness of the browns. I love your gorgeous bow and the design LO is just over the top wonderful. tfs
Patti

Sandra said...

Well done !! your card is really cute.Thanks for joining our challenge at SAM, and good luck !
Hugs
Sandra

Shirley N said...

Oh my Ann, I LOVELOVELOVE this--it's GORGEOUS!!!

Rebekah said...

A superb card Ann what a stunning neutral look thanks for sharing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

scrapperjulia said...

THis is so gorgeous, Ann! That doily die looks great!

Jacki Randolph said...

WOW Ann, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love this pencil sketch image with your colors of browns. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps challenge.

julieprice3 said...

Just Beautiful. Love the earthtones! Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday
Hugs Julie P

Shirley said...

A beautiful and stunning card. It is so elegant. I really like the colour co-ordination of all your papers and embellishments. Nicely finished with the pretty flourishes.

I saw your card on the make it Monday blog.

Shirley

Sue said...

Hi Ann, love Teddy Bo and Teddy Bea! Great tone on tone card, such pretty details to compliment that sweet ballerina!

Hugs
Sue

Peggysuez said...

Look at that lovely monochrome creation, such great detail! Love the ribbon too! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design!

Dawn said...

Hi Ann, I happened on your blog from Make it Monday. Your card is gorgeous - so many beautiful layers and great monochrome colours. Though Teddy Bea looks beautiful as is, I have a feeling she would look terrific if you coloured her up too. Hugs, Dawn

sara said...

gorgeous card loving the monochrome thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x

Mandy said...

A wonderful card,I really love the way you have left Teddy Bea as she was and your detail is fabulous...Thanks for joining in with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Kiki said...

Wow, this is simply fantastic! Love the monochromatic style and the image is really supercute!

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM.

Hugs, Kiki