Friday, June 3, 2011

Fuzzy Wuzzy recipe time!

Yay for Friday!!

Even though this week was a short one, I still couldn't wait for it to be over!

Well, with it being the first Friday of the month, that means we're kicking off a new challenge at The Fuzzy Wuzzy blog.  Won't you come cook up a card, scrapbook, altered item, etc, with us?  We have a recipe for you to follow this month: 3 papers, 2 buttons, and blue (and an animal of some kind).

After looking at the rest of the DT's creations, I was almost worried that my blue wasn't blue, but more like teal?  Maybe it's because I was crafting at night and just couldn't make out the colors correctly, but I seriously thought in my mind that the papers were blue, lol.  I think I see at least some blue, in the skies or something?


For my card, I've used Whimsy Stamps Cupcake Bliss by Crissy Armstrong, which is also available at Cute Stamps and Cards.  The papers are MME Fine and Dandy and the pennants on the left top were cut out from the extra paper that you see coming across the card.  I kind of messed up on the clouds, but I can't wait to get the distress inkpad that I ordered so I can just sponge the clouds in.



Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Cupcake Bliss; Medium: Distress inks on Strathmore Ready Cut 500 Series Watercolor Paper, Hot Press; Paper: MME Fine and Dandy; Accessories/tools: burlap, twine, buttons, Spellbinders die

In continuing with the paper reviews, I wanted to mention a couple of things about the watercolor paper that I used for this image.  I used Strathmore Ready Cut 500 Series Watercolor Paper, Hot Press.  Although the paper itself is okay, it's a lot more grainy than other hot press papers I've tried.  Then again, I guess I can't complain because compared to other hot press papers, it is ridiculously cheap!  The paper is also pretty darn thick and could withstand a lot of water.  However, I thought it was a little bit difficult to pull the watercolor out when I initially laid it down.  As you can see, there are some areas that looked like I didn't "blend" at all, like the cupcake and the ears, which wasn't my intention, lol.  This could be beneficial, depending on what you're trying to do.  The colors also stayed fast to where they were laid down; as in, when I messed up, it was difficult to dilute it to try to clean it up.  Other than that, it was just okay.  Oh, and this paper would be too thick to run through my laser printer so I'm not sure if others would have that same problem (i.e. this paper is a no-go for me for digis).

Anywho, I hope you enjoy my card.  Make sure you head over to The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge Blog to see the DT's gorgeous creations.  Also, this week we're being sponsored by Cute Stamps and Cards from The Netherlands.


They're donating this stamp set to a lucky winner:


21 comments:

Carol said...

Anne your card is really gorgeous Hun! You're far too hard on yourself, your colouring looks fab and so do the clouds. Overall a beautiful card. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Cheryl said...

So cute! I think you coloring is wonderful. I love the jute ribbon and the little banners in the corner.

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

So cute,love it,Great papers.fabulous coloring.
big hugs Agnes

Renkata said...

So cute and adorable card.
Very pretty colouring.

Shirley N said...

Oh wow Ann, your design is fabulous! Love your colors and beautiful coloring. Cute!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Aweeee such a cute card, love those colors! That doggie imaage is the cutest :O)

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Ann,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card. I love the details and your colouring is fabulous.I love the look on the dogs face..lol..he's a character...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Marley said...

Soooo cute!! hugs Marley

Lisa Summerhays said...

I say your blue counts. So cute. Love all the different levels and of course your mad coloring skills.

1LuvnMama said...

Woohoo! Great job Ann! Luv the banners and the burlap give this card a nice texture. Your coloring is amazing & I'm in awe! Have a great weekend!

scrapperjulia said...

Cute dog! Love your card, the colors and your coloring are beautiful! Great Inspiration!

Rene said...

This is SOOOOO cute!!!! Love your layout! So fun!
Rene :D

Suzi said...

This is a fantastic card Ann, I love the image, papers and layout. I think the shades of blue are perfect.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cole said...

Wow Ann! This is unbelievably GORGEOUS! I love the colors, the image, the paper - everything!!!

Val said...

I love this card - and the colouring is fabulous. Amazing cloud effects.
Hugs
Valxx

stephanne said...

Thanks for the thorough critique on the paper, I guess those pricier hot presses got that way for a reason huh? I tried out that glorious Arches hot press paper a couple nights ago. OMG!!! Heaven!!! Now to cash out my retirement to get a pad of it lol!!! Well, your project is beeeeautiful and though the painting didn't turn out like you'd hoped, it still looks fantastic!!! A fabulous inspiration for all who play along with us this month!!
hugs, stephanne

Shazza said...

WOW this is stunning x

Fot said...

Aweeew this is adorable,beautiful coloring

Ingrid said...

What a darling card! Your cut out pennants with bakers twine are gorgeous! Such a happy card :-)
Hugs Ing

Karen Wilson said...

Omgoodness, I LOVE this!! What a fab card, Ann! TFS!