Monday, May 30, 2011

Moments with you...

Eeek!  I can't believe I'm posting another card!  I'm having a nice, long, relaxing weekend and I hope you are, too.  Gosh, I can definitely feel summer coming on!  It's warming up here in Southern California.

Today I used a few different digital images, two from Crissy's Digis at Whimsy Stamps (Can I Kiss You and Sweet Sarah)  and one from Zoe at Make it Crafty (Whimsical Log).  I've also used two rubber sentiments from the Everyday Mini Postage Stamps.  The mini postage stamps were cut out using the Whimsy Mini Postage Die.  Don't the images go so well together?  I kind of botched up the grass, which I'm very unhappy about because it took soooo long to color this.  

Like I mentioned in the previous post, I've been playing around with different watercolor papers.  For this image, I printed it out on Canson Montval watercolor paper.  I think I really like this paper!  Not only is it priced very reasonably, but it's also pretty great to work with.  Like the Lanaquarelle, it keeps the ink wet for longer. I usually actually don't prep the paper before watercoloring on it, but for this paper, it was useful. 

I'm actually not too fond of the card, but eh, might as well post it. This card uses the sketch at Sweet Stop Challenge.

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Can I Kiss You and Sweet Sarah, Make it Crafty Whimsical Log, Whimsy Stamps Everyday Mini Postage Stamps; Medium: Distress inks on Canson Montval watercolor paper; Paper: MME Stella and Rose Gertie paper pad; Accessories/tools: Whimsy Mini Postage Die, WOC flowers, MS leaf punch, pearls, May Arts striped twill ribbon, Stickles




41 comments:

Zoe said...

Oh Ann! You are right! These images look like they were made for each other! I think you have created a fabulous card! We are always our own worst critics! I especially love the little flowers and leaves you added on each side too. hugs xxoo

Cindy Haffner said...

OHHH SUPER SWEET!!~

Kimberly said...

Ohhh my so adorable...love your image, design and added detail...super wonderful. You are one busy lady...TFS!
www.justwordz.ca

alina said...

I love it, Ann, very beautiful!
hugs, Alina

alethea said...

Your card is stunning!!!! Love all the colours and all the embellishments!! HUgs xx

Toni said...

Oh its so sweet and cute its adorable Toni x

Penni said...

Beautiful image - I love the flowers at the sides - Great Card.

Hugs
Penni
X

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card. I love the images together, so sweet,
Luv CHRISSYxx

EELS said...

Summer in Southern California and offically Winter tomorrow here in Aussie land....how I envy you Ann.
Love the card, makes me wish Summer was on it's way here too.
Elaine

BlackBird said...

So cute!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Anne and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Suzi said...

Wow! this is delicious Ann, I love that image and how you added the sprays of flowers and foliage. Utterly gorgeous.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anneke said...

Wow Ann, this is really amazing!!
Hugs Anneke

Anonymous said...

This is stunning, I love your merging of the three images and they have been coloured beautifully!!
I agree with Zoe, we're our own worst critics!! Don't be so hard on yourself!! It's gorgeous!

xo Lou Mac.

Tracey said...

WOW! This is awesome Ann!!

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card.

Marie-Anne

Lisa R. said...

Lovely card! We're so critical aren't we of our work? Looks like it did take a while to color this. Turned out wonderful. Love the postage stamps. TFS

Karen Wilson said...

This is absolutely adorable! What a sweet image! TFS!

Renkata said...

wow this scene is so sweet and adorable.
Lovely card Ann.

Lillian Child said...

How delightful this is!!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the little ribbon tails and the sweet flowers framing the cute image.
Thanks for sharing! :)

LaJanette said...

Cute card...my 3 yr old boy giggled when he saw the puckered up boy.

Mimi said...

Sooooo SWEET! Love the pretty colors and gorgeous coloring! Beautiful details and layout. TFS! ;)

nancy said...

Just adorable----I jus love the postage stamp sentiments----I really want to get them----Nancy mtbootleggerz@msn.com

Lau W said...

So sweet, love your card, very nice details !
xxx

Tip Top said...

Beautiful!

Jennipher Lowery said...

EEKS!Your card totally rocks. Not sure why you are not fond of it! Thanks for that tip about the watercolor paper. Never thought to print my digis out on those. Love that image you used BTW. Thanks for playing the Sweet Stop sketch.

Shirley N said...

OMGosh, what a beautiful card--love all the fabulous details! Beautiful image and coloring Ann!

Janice M said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Cole said...

OMGosh Ann! Your card is amazing!!!!!! Your coloring is just out of this world!!! Super adorable - and love the embellies!

Crystal said...

So adorable! Love the layout and your colouring is fabulous! LOVE the ticket sentiments too!

sandi said...

Ann, I think this card is beautiful! I wish I had half the talent you do.
Thank you for sharing.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a great card.

Fot said...

Ann your are so talented , I wish someday i could color as you do.. Your projects are just AMAZING ,
I Look forword to your posting's
Deborah Foti
http://www.scrappingmamma.net/

Calypso said...

Ann-
Are you kidding me...this is gorgeous... I love everything about it and your coloring is just out of this world. Beautiful card girl....beautiful!!!

Becky said...

This is so adorable. Awesome details and coloring.

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a adoroble card
lovely coloring hunni
just perfect
hugs angelique

marsha said...

This looks fabulous! Bright colors and so many details!

Debbie W. said...

I think it's adorable and your watercoloring very nicely done.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card! Love the scene, the colors, the pretty embellishments... just perfect. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with us at the Sweet Stop. :o)

sallysbitz said...

Ann, this is just totally stunning x
I love it all.

I have purchased these mini stamps & the die too along with the postcard stamp BUT have noy played with it yet... me bad Lol

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com