Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Stamping Bazaar Guest Designer!

Hello everyone!

I was asked by the talented Susan and Emma (how is it that - crafting mother/daughter pair!) to be a guest designer for The Stamping Bazaar and of course I said yes! They twisted my arm with their sweetness, hehe. 

Actually it didn't take much arm twisting because I've loved Marina Neira's images for a while now, but I somehow never get a chance to color them up.  I have bunches of stamps from Motivet and The Greeting Farm, but hopefully you all already know that she's now gotten into digis, too! She has her own line of digis and rubber available at The Stamping Bazaar and they're as adorable as can be.  Lots of my teammates and friends are her DT so I'm sure you're well aware of the many possibilities with her images.  They're so fun!

For my creation, I've used Josie in a Hat.  Isn't she such a cutie?  This is saying a lot because I'm actually more of a dog person, but this little kitty is irresistible.  Look at her sweet face!  I colored her in distress inks, as usual, but I wish I had colored the hat a different color because she kinda blends in a little too much.  Anywho, I'm sure you'll do a better coloring job than I have.  The tickets are from the Whimsy Stamps Treasured Moments Ticket sentiments cut out using the Whimsy Stamps Ticket Die.

You can see my card up at The Stamping Bazaar Blog and you can purchase the adorable Josie in a Hat image HERE.  Thank you so very much Susan and Emma for inviting me!  Thanks Marina for letting me work with your gorgeous image!

For this card, I used the fabulous sketch at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge.  Sorry, the doily and the tickets covered up some of the elements, but I really did start off with the sketch!

Image: The Stamping Bazaar Josie in a HatSentiments: Whimsy Stamps Treasured Moments Tickets; Medium: Distress reinkers; Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop; Accessories/tools: Whimsy Stamps Ticket Die, doily, May Arts ribbon, button, baker's twine, MS Doily Hearts border punch, Stickles, Ranger Pearl Pen


15 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow this is so cute! Such fun and happy colours, they so suit this cutie pie
love tasha xx

Emma and Susan said...

Thank you so much Ann for allowing us to 'twist' your arm!!!! hahaha. You have been a fantastic Special Guest at The Stamping Bazaar, and, your work as we knew it would be, is absolutely gorgeous!! Your colouring is so bright and warm, and 'Josie in a Hat' has been coloured in to perfection.
We love what you did with your tickets, as you know we use your tickets all the time!!

Thank you Ann, you have been a dream!!
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
DT Co-ordinators
The Stamping Bazaar
xxx

Penni said...

What a gorgeous card. I love this image, Josie is so sweet.

Hugs
Penni
X

Dorcas said...

How adorable, Ann!!

Deb said...

such a beautiful card Ann, I so love how you did your ticket stamps, they look so pretty!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

cardmaking bird said...

Wow - this is so bright and fun!! As usual your image is coloured perfectly. Another absolutely gorgeous creation!! Hugs, Marie xx

Crystal said...

WOOOOHOOO Ann Congrats on your Guest spot sweetie, soooooo deserved gf :))) I LOVE this creation, soooo cute and you totally made this image the cutest eva!!! Hope you are having a fabulous week! Biggest hugs!

Alison Jane Hann said...

What gorgeous colours. That's a real masterpiece!

Sue said...

omg, she is so sweet. Love your coloring! The gingham bow is wonderful. Such bright fun papers. LOVE IT! thanks for joining us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy challenge this month.

Hugs
Sue

ellabella said...

Wow, I fall just from the chair. What charming card. The color combo is wonderful, also the design. And your Coloration is masterly.
Hugs Janine

Riet said...

So wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Louise said...

WOW! Ann, this is so amazingly beautiful! Adore that coloration of yours :) And the dp´s are smashing :) They merry very well :)

Thank´s for joining us at TFWC ;)
He,he,he! ;)

Hugs

Little K Smith said...

Ooohh I love this! Totally adorable image, gorgeous colours and lush ribbon too!
Thanks for joining us at Fuzzy Wuzzy :)
Kelly.x

stephanne said...

Naaaaawwww, this is so adorably sweet!!! I love your background for sweet little Josie, your colouring is incredible, what kind of paper are you painting on? And the OA papers with that big country bumpkin bow, LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at TFWC, and we'll see you soon, wink wink!!

hugs, stephanne

Mickaela said...

I love this card! You have really made the card and especially the colors come together. I often return to this post for inspiration.

/Mickaela