Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sentimental Sundays Challenge: Celebrate Friendship!

Eh? I actually made something for the Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week?  I know, shocking!  This week, we're challenging you to "Celebrate Friendship!"  Yep, should be a rather easy one so please come along and play.  This week, we have two prizes - one is a $10 GC from Deedee's Digis and the other is two digital sentiment sets from Raindrop Echo Designs Sentiments at Whimsy Stamps.  Of course, there is also the weekly freebie sentiment set up for your to grab.

In trying to keep up with my New Year's resolution of "Use all unused stamps," I've inked up this beautiful image from Whimsy Stamps called Valerie's Gift.  It was illustrated by the sweet and talented Crissy Armstrong.  Oh, and you should stop by her blog - she has a list up of her "Favorite Cards by Others from 2010" and it's an amazing list.  I'm always inspired by others and I love finding new people to follow.

Anywho, back to the card.

The image was colored with Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.  The sentiments are from the newly released Whimsy Stamps Friendship Ticket Sentiments, which went perfectly with this challenge and image!  Papers are from the BasicGrey Marjolaine 6x6 Paper Pad and can you believe it?  I found a ribbon that was a perfect color match to the papers!  I was very happy about that, lol.

Flowers are from WOC, leaves are cut from my Cricut, and the net ribbon is from May Arts.

And just for fun, I thought I'd share with you my 5 crafting/blogging resolutions for 2011:
  1. Use all (or as many as possible) unused stamps.
  2. Leave a comment back on all commenters.
  3. Find new ways to use my embellishments.
  4. Use the Cricut more often.
  5. Color better.
Do you have any crafting/blogging resolutions for the new year? I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Valerie's Gift and Friendship Ticket Sentiment
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Paper: BasicGrey Marjolaine 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: May Arts net ribbon, WOC flowers, old blue hearts ribbon from who knows where
Tools: Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:

28 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW, this is gorgeous. I have been into yellow last few days, made three yellow cards, but only posted one. Will try to put up other one today.MMM New year!!
Will learn how to link better.
Will learn to slow down.[especially with scissors]
Will save money to buy more stamps,
[close my eyes at the supermarket, I spend too much lol]
Luv CHRISSYxx

Kimberly S said...

A fabulous card Ann! Wonderful colors, and of course I am forever amazed by your coloring! (#5 needs to be scratched off girl) You know I love that layered ticket look too, it is so fun! :)

Anesha said...

Beautiful card and wishing you a very happy New Year. Anesha :)

Dorcas said...

This is really really really lovely, Ann! I need to do more with my distress inks, they're gathering dust!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow - this is adorable Ann. Love your DI colouring - I have never tried using my re-inkers in this way, but your results are absolutely fabulous - must give it a go!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh Ann this is over the top CUTE and BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE these colors, your coloring rocks, everything is just WONDERFUL!!!! LOVE this, sorry I have been MIA these holidays have had me off..LOL!!! Happy New Year sweetie lady!!! Hugs!

cardmaking bird said...

Hah - number 5, you must be having a laugh - your colouring is A-MAZ-ING!! Fabby card and I love that ribbon - wish you knew where it was from! Hugs, Marie xx

Sadilla said...

Wow... your card is so nice... I like the bright colours... you said you want to colour better in the 2011, but you already do it perfectly! =)
thanks for the nice comment on my blog! =)
hugs
sadia

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a gorgeous card and very cute.
Happy New Year. janex

Jenni said...

Fab - love everything about this - the image, the papers, the flowers - gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Creative inspirations this week.
Jenni x

nicoleqmullen said...

This is beautiful Ann, the colouring is fantastic! My crafting resolution it to try to use more images that need to be coloured and practice my colouring! :)

Zoechaos said...

What a cute little winter girl and a great start with it. Thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do XOXO Zoe

Kathryn B said...

Wow Ann this is a beauty! There isn't one thing I don't like about this wonderfully put together eye candy! So glad you could play along with our sketch this week over at JUGS!! Hope to see you again! Happy New Year!
My resolution is to rake more time to craft! Never enough time! LOL!

Andrea M said...

Oh my goodness Ann! This card is gorgeous!!! Love it! Your coloring is magnificent! Love the sentiments on the tickets too!! Gorgeous mix of DPs. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute - and colored brilliantly! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

This is super adorable!!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Effie said...

That's a real cute card!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!

Saskia :)

Cheryl said...

This is so adorable! I love how you colored her. She pops right off the card.

Tameko said...

Lovely card. Wonderful attention to details....Love the sparkle!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ann this is absolutely wonderful the colours, papers, design and image are all so beautiful thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW DT

*Vicki* said...

Hey girl!! I adore this card hun!! The coloring is fabulous and your layout is so pretty!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous card so perfectly coloured

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous card so perfectly coloured

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

Joanne (jojot) said...

outstanding coloring...precious image....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

stunning card.
i love how you have colored her and all the details compliment the card so beautifully
hugs
claudia

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hope to see you again next time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x