Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm learning more flower names!

And these are cyclamens :)  This is image from another set that I recently got from Flourishes.  It's from the "A Year In Flowers 3" set.

This time, I really did try to stay with the natural colors of the flowers, which when I looked them up online, were bright pink with a white outline on the edges.  The flowers were colored with Distress Reinkers using the Small Koi Water Brush.

I attempted to put in the white outline with Inkssentials Opaque White Pen from Ranger, but I'm a very impatient cardmaker and the watercolor was still wet so the white outlines just bled and blended into the pink.  Ack.  I then continued to try to hide my mistake by covering the flowers with Judikins Diamond Glaze. It sort of made it better; the shininess distracts from the unrealistic looking flower : /

Anywho, I'm really going to try this year to use up my neglected supplies.  The doilies in the back started off as white doilies, but I sprayed them like crazy with Shimmerz Spritz.  I used Olive Branch Spritz on the one in the middle and used Cotton Candy Spritz for the pink ones on the sides.  They're actually more shimmery and nicer looking in real life.  The net ribbon is from May Arts. 

Other than that, the card is pretty simple, lots of white space.  Added some pink pearls to give it a bit of character.  I can't believe I didn't use patterned paper.  I rather like the way it turned out :)

Thank you for stopping by today!  Make sure to stop by tomorrow for my post for the new 7 Kids College Fund Challenge and then on Thursday for a showing of some new digis from Whimsy Stamps.

Stamps: Flourishes A Year in Flowers 3
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Accessories: doilies, pink pearls, Olive Branch Shimmerz Spritz and Cotton Candy Shimmerz Spritz
ToolsCuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels 4, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

This card is for the following challenges:
  • Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Flowers (whoo hoo, how easy is that?)
  • Repeat Impressions Challenge - Sketch
  • My Sheri Crafts - Spray/Mists

9 comments:

Tameko said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job coloring.

Pattie said...

Gorgeous Ann - I love your coloring!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous! I love your spritzed doilies and colored image. Never did try coloring with distress reinkers. You did it beautifully - would have never guessed about the "oops" - I think the flowers look beautifully glazed.

xGemmax said...

Absolutely gorgeous and beautifully coloured :o)
hugs and xxx

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, and the flower is colored very gorgeously! Thanks for playing in the Repeat Impressions challenge.

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Ohmeohmyhow beautiful this is Ann!

Kimberly S said...

You crack me up Ann...lol This is gorgeous, the flowers are beautiful, and those doilies are so pretty for your background! :)

Riet said...

This is so gorgeous Ann,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Harriet Skelly said...

Your flowers are colored so beautifully! Thanks for playing with us at Repeat Impressions!