Wednesday, January 5, 2011

7 Kids College Fund Challenge: Hot or Cold

Hi everyone!  We have a new challenge up at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog today!  The new challenge is: Hot or Cold - You choose!  So, create something the depicts either hot or cold.  I've done two cards, one hot and one cold, for this challenge.

Up first is my HOT card.  What's nicer (and warmer) than a nice super day spent at a picnic with a friend? That's what imagined when I saw this wonderful Penny Black Hedgehog Birthday Slapstick Stamp.  The stamp is already mounted on cling mount and ready to be inked for your crafting pleasure! 

All the gorgeous papers are from my new favorite paper pad: the Cosmo Cricket Togetherness 6x6 Paper Pad.  I know, I know, I fall in love with every paper pad, but hey, just look at these gorgeous papers!  The image was colored with Distress Reinkers using the Small Koi Water Brush and the background was colored with Dove Blender Pen with chalks.  The butterflies were handmade and you can find my tutorial on how to make them HERE.  The cake was topped off with Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Holo Iridescent.

Stamps: Penny Black Hedgehog Birthday Slapstick Stamp
Medium: Distress Reinkers using the Small Koi Water Brush, Dove Blender Pen with chalks
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Togetherness 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Viva Decor Glitter Liner - Holo Iridescent, ribbon
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels 5, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter, ATG adhesive gun


This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Sketch and Stash - Sketch - My new stash is the stamp and the papers - I just got these in the mail on Monday!
  2. Stampin' B's - Celebration Card
  3. Crazy 4 Challenges - Celebrate Something
  4. Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
  5. The Crazy Challenge - All Things New - Stamp and paper
  6. Pile It On - Brand Spankin' New - Stamp and paper
  7. Paper Playtime - Faces - I hope this counts?
  8. My Time To Craft - Up in the Air
  9. Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
  10. Sparkle Creations - Tie It Up

Up next is my COLD card.  We were getting pounded with rain here in Southern California all last month, which was absolutely awesome for me.  I love the rain - I would never be using the umbrella like the cutie you see in this image :)  Enough of my babble.

On this really simple card, I used the Crafter's Companion S.W.A.L.K. After the Rain rubber stamp, which is also colored with Distress Reinkers using the Small Koi Water Brush.  I used the Waterfall Stickles to add a bit of glitter to the card.  The DP is from the BasicGrey Marjolaine 6x6 Paper Pad, which I am fast running out of.  The sentiment is from the Whimsy Stamps Snippets Set 1, which was one of the first sets I designed for Whimsy :)

This card is for the challenges at Annabelle Stamps - Sketch + Bling and Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes.

Stamps: Crafter's Companion S.W.A.L.K. After the Rain; Whimsy Stamps Snippets Set 1
Medium: Distress Reinkers using the Small Koi Water Brush
Paper: BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: rhinestones, ribbon
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Lacey Circles, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter, ATG adhesive gun



Make sure you stop by the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog to play along in the challenge! You could be in the running to win a $20 shopping spree for the new Belles and Whistles Stamps.  Yep, you read right - 7 Kids College Fund will now be carrying Belles and Whistles stamps!!  You can get them on preorder now HERE.

Take a look at some of these super adorable stamps illustrated by the talented Elisabeth Bell:

Here's a card I made a while back using Lil' Miss Poppy:

Whew, sorry for the long post, but thanks for sticking around!!


34 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeousa cards...Love the butterfly going accross the page on your first card, and the sparkly rain on the 2nd one! fabulous makes! Hugs Juls

cardmaking bird said...

Wow - two beautiful cards and you can literally feel the warmth/cold when you look at them!! Wonderful. Marie xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Ann,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Hi Ann ~

Love both cards and you totally rock to have covered both extremes!!

I've been a huge fan of yours for some time now. I don't always have a chance to leave a comment when I stop by for a visit, but I just love your style and your creations are full of inspiration!! I'm so happy to be working with you on 7 Kids!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Tracy V. said...

Adorable cards Ann!! And boy what exciting news that 7kids will have Belles and Whistles...thats awesome!
Tracy

Dorcas said...

Wow! Both hot and cold is great!!

Dawn said...

Your cards are just so pretty- wonderful colors and details.
Thank you for joining us this week at
Craft Your Passion Challenges
Happy New Year.

Jill said...

Wow Ann as always I love all your creations! Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week and hope to see you for our next challenge. Jill

Lionelsa said...

Very original butterfly on 1st card.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Ann these are FABULOUS!!!! Totally gorgeous creations with these fabby images!!! You rock sweets!!!!

Benzi said...

Your cards are just the cutest ever! I am loving that wonderful striped ribbon.

Thanks for joining the Stampin B's challenge this week.

Sue said...

Hi Ann,ya know as soon as i saw your name in the Sketch&Stash links i knew it was gonna be a good un:) and YEP it sure is,all your cards are absolutley beautiful,fabulous colouring and all of them so beautifully put together...as always:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous cards Ann! I did not even consider that I could make one of each!

Hugz,
Julie

mycardz said...

Hi Ann! Wow, you really blew this one right out of the park. :) I love them both. Really perfect cardz for both choices. Awesome job. hugz, Mary

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous cards Ann!! I just love your coloring and designs on your hot and cold cards!! I have that PB image and I have neglected to ink it up for a while...you have inspired me to dig it up soon. Miss Poppy is stunning too!!

Happy New Year my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Thanks for all the ribbon!! I have begun using it already.

Jessica said...

Gorgeous cards, Ann! Your blog is filled with eyecandy, you rock star! I'm so thrilled to be on the 7Kids team with you!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Ann

Lovely card entered for our challenge over at Kaboodle Doodles - it reminds me of "hot" summer days yet to come! Thanks for joining us.

Tina

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at AnnaBelle Stamps.

Sparkle said...

What darling cards!

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

What beautiful cards! I love them all!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week :)
Andrea

True :) said...

Your cards are all very pretty!
My fave is the "hot" one. ;)
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

Jill said...

stunning cards Ann love the images you've used and your colouring is perfect thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash & PTW hugs Jill xx

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Your cards are just wonderful! I'm so glad I'm going to be working with on the 7 Kids College Fund team!

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards! Love them both :) Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion! Hope to see you back next week!

Cammy said...

Gorgeous card Ann! Love the diecut and the gorgeous clouds! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

mum of two said...

What great cards! I love the images you chose, and you did the most amazing job coloring - I need work with mine :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime!

michelle

Sue W said...

Fabulous cards all!!!!
Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle Stamps and Good Luck!

Janis said...

WOW! You do such amazing work. LOVE THEM ALL! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the bright colours on the PB one!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Glenda said...

Gorgeous cards! Love your images and your beautiful coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

my little scrapping corner said...

awesome cards. love the colors, the way you have colored your images and the use of elements.

thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

my little scrappingcorner
DT Pile It On

deesdesigns said...

I am so jealous of your talent - all of your cards are just gorgeous. I especially like the butterfly treatment - I'm going to CASE it on a future card if you don't mind.

I'm so glad you were able to join us for our New Beginnings challenge at SSDS! Dee

Kylie said...

What GORGEOUS cards!!! Can't choose a favourite, love them all, just simply GORGEOUS!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take care,
Kylie X

Tiffany said...

gorgeous cards. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps.