Monday, December 6, 2010

Whimsy Stamps sneak peak: Love Letter Seals + Music BG

Hello everyone!  It's almost that time again!

Yep, it's almost time for another Whimsy Stamps rubber release.  In fact, it's only a day away :)  Today I'm sharing a sneak peak of two new designs releasing tomorrow. One is called the Love Letter Seals sentiments and the other is a Music Notes background stamp.  Both are being added to the Sentiments Collection at Whimsy Stamps, along with three fantastic new images from Crissy Armstrong and two new adorable images from Meljen's Designs.

For this card, I've used some elements that remind me of the gold palaces of Egypt or maybe even Rome.  I just wanted to go for something really romantic and lavish.  I've used papers from the BasicGrey Curio 6x6 Paper Pad, which is definitely THE paper pad to use if you want to create something romantic.  I've again used some  Viva Decor Pearl Pens; this time I've used Gold.  These pearl pens are really becoming a use-on-all-my-cards supply :)

No coloring for me this time!  Instead I painted the edges of the paper with some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Tarnished Brass. I tried to be messy with it, but it got too messy, and I feel like I ended up painting most of the papers.  Oh well!  I'm naturally left-brained so randomness is difficult for me.

Well, that's it for me today!  Make sure to come back tomorrow to join us for the new release!

Warning: Sunglasses may be needed to view this card

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Love Letter Seals and Music Notes Background
Paper: BasicGrey Curio 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Viva Decor Pearl Pens in Gold, ribbon
ToolsTonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

Challenges for this card:
  1. Simon Says Stamp and Show - Holiday (this card is for Valentine's Day and I used some Tim Holtz Crackle Paint)
  2. Simon Says Challenge Blog - Sketch
  3. Moving Along with the Times - For Someone Special - my husband :)
  4. Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Make your own backing paper - Used Music Notes background stamp
  5. Stamps R Us - Holiday Cards - Hope Valentine's is okay!

20 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh My! this is stunning.I took a chance and did'nt wear my sunny's.
Gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Becky said...

This is stunning, love the colors.

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous card Ann! I'm loving all of your round sentiments and amazing background stamps! Wow, you did a fabulous job with that pearl pen as well! (yep, I thought you had stuck dozens of tiny pearls on there! lol)

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Ann :-) The sentiment is lovely and the papers and embellies are fab ,, love all the gold 'pearls' what a fab pen !!

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

CelticWoman said...

this is just wonderful, those colors are fit for a king. Sandi

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Anne!!! WOW these colors are FABULOUS!!!! OMG that ribbon is delish!!!! I have soooo missed your posts GF so glad I am feeling back to norm!!! Big Hugs!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! Such golden gorgeousness!!! I love it!

Renkata said...

Beautiful card. Such a precious sentiment, love all the gold.

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Ann.

Hugs Riet.x

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is just glorious Ann! The pearls look like a row of lights. The whole card just about glows! Its so gorgeous! I love the sentiment you created too! Wonderfully done girlie!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

FANTASTIC ann.
off to order that stamp set :-)
loove your desings
hugs
claudia

Nancy said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors, the composition - just everything!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge.

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card , gorgeous colour and fab layout
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)
Ps our theme over at Ladybug crafts ink Challenge this week is Pearls - your card would be perfect

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, he will love it!!
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Ah this is such a sweet card. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxo

Brenda Brown said...

Such a beautiful card Ann and perfect for that special someone. I love all the details and the pearl pen looks like a must have.
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT.
luv {brenda} xox

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Exquisite gold!! I love every detail!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a perfect vintage Valentine card, Ann! Every feature is so lovely - the color, the pearls, the ribbon and especially the sentiment! So excited to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Hugs,
Linda

Laura said...

What a stunning Vintage card.THanks for sharing it with us at stamps r us.