Monday, December 27, 2010

A toast

...to the year that passed and to the new year ahead!

And yes, I do realize that she's tipsy.  I mean, literally - the image is crooked.  Darn it.

Anywho, I wanted to use an image appropriate for the New Year, or even an birthday, so I went with Cocktail Emily from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.  Ain't she just a doll?  The beautiful paper that you see in the background is from the BasicGrey Curio 6x6 Paper Pad.  BasicGrey really hit a home run on these last few releases because this pad, like the Jovial pad, is just jammed packed with such gorgeous papers.

Emily was colored with Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.  Her umbrella was glitzed up with Viva Decor Copper Pearl Pen.  The olives (I'm going to think that they're olives instead of bubbles) in her martini were dotted with the Viva Decor Kiwi Pearl Pen.  The die is from Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 10.  The ribbon is from my recently-ballooned ribbon collection from May Arts.

Stamps: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Cocktail Emily
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Paper: BasicGrey Curio 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: ribbon, Viva Decor Copper Pearl Pen, Viva Decor Kiwi Pearl Pen
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 10, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:

22 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous card Ann!! Love the coloring and layout!! :) Hope you had a great Christmas!!HUGS

Crystal said...

Girl this is FABULOUS I LOVE that ribbon you added what a GREAT image!!!! :) I hope you had a wonderful christmas hun!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my sweetie
she's gorgeous
i just love your card hunni
hugs angelique

Jessica said...

Wow - your cards are amazing.
I'm doing a DT call right now for my kit of the month club at www.LuckyGirlCraftKits.blogspot.com and would be honored to have you apply.
I hope to see you soon!

Trina said...

I think she looks lovely up there... I really like the pearls on her umbrella and in her drink!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Ann and love that ribbon and the colours are great.
Hugs Linda

cardmaking bird said...

Wow, Ann - fabulous card. I love how you've mixed the zesty colours with a vintage paper - wouldn't have thought of doing that myself but it's good to see that it works!! Hugs, Marie x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Ann - love the vibrant colours and the gorgeous BG paper. The image is beautifully coloured, and the ribbon is awesome! Hope you had a perfect Christmas - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

scrapnnMO said...

Oh my goodness Ann this is one lovely card. Thanks for playing along. :)

Kim Y. said...

This is beautiful, Ann! Lvoe the papers you used! Gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Ann.
luv
Debby

Jeanette said...

This is so pretty. I love the huge bow. I can never seem to pull that off very well. Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Wendi said...

Absolutely gorgeous especially that bow
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Happy New Year
Wendi

Debs said...

Gorgeous card she is so chic! thanks for playing at ICS this week. Happy New Year
Hugs Debs

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous Ann! I LOVE it!!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!!

mum of two said...

What a great New Years card! I love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Playtime this week, hope to see you again in the New Year :)

michelle

Janis said...

Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Padster said...

Lovely card - thanks for joining us in our challenge at IDIC this week - hope to see you again in the New Year
Hugs,
Debbie xx

craftykitten said...

Gorgeous card Ann, love the colours. Thanks for joining in our Toast to 2011 challenge at Ooh La La this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Jackie said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining in with our ICS challenge.

Happy new year.

Sammibug said...

Wow! Awesome coloring and the ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La in our Toast To 2011" challenge!