Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tilda with Hanging Heart

I was able to play with some of my new goodies this weekend!

This card is a tad different because it's darker than my usual cards, but I do love the dramatic look of it.  I've used Tilda With Hanging Heart from the new Merry Little Christmas collection from Magnolia Stamps.  This is the first time she's been inked up.  She was colored using Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.  I used some Stickles on her wings, although I apologize that it's not showing up so well in this picture.  All papers used are from the BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad.

This is also one of the first times I've used my Viva Decor Pearl Pens!  These pearl pens are an absolute must!  I can't believe I haven't discovered them before.  You can pretty much create an size of pearl you want.  They look great and it's very easy to create rounded pearls.  For this card, I've used the pearls to create an outline behind Tilda.  The Pearl Pen colors I've used are the Light Blue, Silver, and Light Green. I've ordered a few other colors so you'll be seeing these a lot!  7 Kids College Fund has them in stock HERE at a very reasonable price if you wanted to try them out yourself :)

This is also my first time using the Elegant Flourishes die from Tim Holtz.  I've been wanting this die for a while now, but I just didn't think I could do it justice.  I tried to do that for this card, but I think there are so many more possibilities for these flourishes.  Also a brand new addition to my die collection is the Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles.  I layered it on top of the Nestabilities Large Classic Scalloped Circles.

Hope you're able to play with some new goodies for Christmas!

Stamps: Magnolia Stamps Tilda With Hanging Heart
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Paper: BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Stickles, Viva Decor Pearl Pens
ToolsCuttlebug, Elegant Flourishes die from Tim Holtz Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles, Nestabilities Large Classic Scalloped Circles, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
  2. City Crafter - Blue Christmas
  3. Scrap-Creations - Anything Goes
  4. A Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes
  5. Stampotique - Bling Bling
  6. Just Magnolia - Anything Goes with something sparkly
  7. Magnolia Down Under - Own Patchwork - I cut up two different pieces of DP and sewed them together as a panel behind Tilda :)
  8. Papertake Weekly - Sketch

25 comments:

Linda Robinson said...

I love the image you have used on your card. Your coloring is perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!

Saskia :)

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Ann, love the cute Tilda.
luv
Debby

xGemmax said...

Wow its stunning hunni :o)
hugs and xxx

Mandy said...

Stunning card Ann, so sweet and pretty, and I love the darker colours you've used
hugs Mandy xx

Diane said...

So beautiful, Ann! I'm loving all the flourishes!
Diane x

Sasmita said...

That little Angel is so sweet.

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful card, Ann! Marie x

*Vicki* said...

Oh she's so precious!! I adore your image and your beautiful colors on this girl!! You creations have been so stunning lately!! HUGS

Riet said...

So beautiful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
cordine

Ros said...

Beautiful ... those pearls do look fabulous ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Ros said...

Beautiful ... those pearls do look fabulous ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Kimmarie Baker said...

Beautiful card! Love your image and those pearls! I have to get me some of those pens, never heard of them.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very sweet image, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So cute and sweet! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, join us this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenge where you can use any stamps. Thanks for playing along!

Kim said...

This is so adorable! Beautiful work! Thank you for playing with us this week!

Karen said...

Cute card! I like how she's peeking out through the "window". Very nice painting job too.

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Really beautiful coloring and great use of background paper! Love the flourish and the bling accents! Gorgeous work! Thank you for joining us for the Stampotique Challenge this week. We hope you'll come back and join us again!
Cheers,
Val :)

Kylie said...

Oh wow Ann! You always have something amazing to share and this is no exception! Gorgeous layout and use of the patchwork. I love it all!
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie

Stampin'Piper said...

What a great card! Love this Tilda and the colours are so pretty!

Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs Tanja

Kruemel said...

What a cute card! I love the colors and those rhinestones you put behind Tilda look like a hailo...

Thanks for playing in our patchwork background challenge at MDUC!

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Jane said...

Oh this is so gorgeous!! Love the dramatic colour scheme and gorgeous colouring! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx